Old February 16th 16, 11:18 PM
Junior Member

Default How can I optimize multiple FM transmitter modules and their antennas

Dear forum,
I am using a number of small, low power FM transmitters from Adafruit to send various audio signals to various receivers in a room/hall.

Things are basically working OK, but I would like to improve the performance (noise level/distance).
At the moment the modules sit very close to each other and I've noticed that if their antennas are too close to each other, performance degrades quickly.
Another thing I noticed is that when I increase the TX power beyond a certain point, the quality gets worse and eventually the whole system stops working.
The "antennas" are currently just ordinary wire cut to quarter wavelength.

So I wonder if it would be advisable to place the modules further apart from each other?
Or can/should the modules be shielded from each other?
Which type of antenna would be preferrable over the simple wires?
Or would it maybe even be possible to mix their outputs and use a single antenna??! (I've heard about the Wilkinson combiner/divider but I have no clue if that might work with my setup and how the schematic would look like. Nor if it would actually improve things)

Sorry for these newbie questions - I'm really more of an audio/computer guy.
Thanks much in advance,
Sukandar

Link to module:
https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-...s-rdbs-support

Multiple scanner antennas / harvey[_2_] Scanner 1 November 28th 07 03:33 AM
multiple transmitter dilemma inphaseprod Antenna 3 July 9th 07 03:36 PM
using multiple antennas Pop-N-Fresh CB 3 March 15th 07 02:05 AM
low power FM TX and multiple antennas? MRW Antenna 3 June 28th 06 05:29 PM
FS: Fluke 73III DMM & GPS modules with patch antennas mcguyver Swap 2 August 30th 04 11:01 PM