Old March 6th 16, 03:22 PM
Junior Member

Location: Arlington, VA, USA
Default Good Old Sony AN-1

Used AN-1 with Sony ICF-5900W in downtown Washington, DC, and the results were excellent. Ditto out in countryside in Reston, VA.

That was back in the 1980's with far different propagation conditions.

So, I am looking for a used AN-1 for my Tecsun PL-600, because propagation is volatile and I believe AN-1 will help me along, despite all.

Example of effectiveness of AN1: Early morning East Coast time, I could consistently pull in Voice of Vietnam domestic on 15010, which I know from my Vietnam days was using ERP of 7.5 KW. So, all things being equal, I KNOW AN-1 works and want another one.
Old March 6th 16, 04:45 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On 3/6/2016 8:22 AM, joel rochow wrote:
Used AN-1 with Sony ICF-5900W in downtown Washington, DC, and the
results were excellent. Ditto out in countryside in Reston, VA.

That was back in the 1980's with far different propagation
conditions.

So, I am looking for a used AN-1 for my Tecsun PL-600, because
propagation is volatile and I believe AN-1 will help me along, despite
all.

Example of effectiveness of AN1: Early morning East Coast time, I
could consistently pull in Voice of Vietnam domestic on 15010, which I
know from my Vietnam days was using ERP of 7.5 KW. So, all things being
equal, I KNOW AN-1 works and want another one.

If you are a DIYer, this is the latest greatest portable antenna.

http://swling.com/blog/2016/01/dx-fi...tecsun-pl-380/

I don't know the difference between the PL-380 and the PL-600, but the
FSL has been put on many different radios.

Lots of discussion about the FSL on the Yahoo group.

dxergary is the guru.

Mikek

Mikek