Old August 27th 04, 08:24 AM
Peter Lemken

Default Cushcraft AP8A vertical - SWR problems

Hi there,

For the last couple of years I have been running this 8-band vertical and I
have been quite happy with it - so far.

In the last couple of weeks, however, the SWR has gotten worse and worse on
several bands, 30, 20, 17 and 15 in particular (1:3 or higher). Since 80 and
40 are absolutely fine in terms of SWR and performance, I supect that
/something/ went wrong with the traps of the bands in question (maybe water
inside), but I have no idea what to do about it.

The antenna is on top of an appartment building, attached to a chimney with
lots of radials for each band. I'd like to get it fixed before the winter
season and wonder whether any of you have had similiar problems and what can
be done about it.

Peter Lemken
DF5JT
Berlin

--
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in
a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly
Old August 27th 04, 02:12 PM
G.Beat

"Peter Lemken" wrote in message
[...]

Peter -

Check traps for water infiltration into traps.

w9gb