Old September 1st 16, 12:59 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default U dipoles

On Wednesday, August 31, 2016 at 11:01:09 AM UTC-6, wrote:
Ralph Mowery wrote:

I have seen many plots of inverted V and flat top dipoles, but none of a
V or U shaped one.

That is like one I have up for 80 meters. I have two trees that are
about 20 feet short of the distance I need for an 80 meter dipole. The
trees are so that I can get the wire up about 60 to 70 feet on the ends
and the middle is only about 35 to 40 feet above ground. As I don't
plan on digging up and moving the tree, I just have to take what I can
get for that antenna. I know it would be nice to have the middle up
higher as that is where most of the radiation is suspose to come from.

Are there any web sites that may have one of those types of antennas
already ploted ?

---

One other thought, a trap dipole is physically shorter and you get
multiple bands.

According to the Reyco trap charts, the total lengths a

30/80 ~117 feet
40/80 ~113 feet
30/40/80 ~106 feet

Or you can go single band and inductively load each leg.

--
Jim Pennino

All you lose is bandwidth although you can always adjust it for your
favorite areas of the bands you operate on.
Irv VE6BP

folded dipoles B29 Antenna 79 December 27th 06 04:29 PM
60 meter dipoles jwb Antenna 0 October 19th 04 10:21 AM
Dipoles! Harry MacLean VE3GRO Antenna 0 January 19th 04 06:53 PM
1/4 Wave Dipoles WA8ULX Policy 57 October 3rd 03 01:32 PM
4 Cushcraft VHF dipoles TG Swap 0 August 9th 03 10:57 PM