Old October 1st 16, 05:25 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default I am building an elevated vertical with 2 elevated downward slopingradials to be used for 10meters-20meters

My name is Allen. My callsign is KE0AHU.
I have my General license.
I have a FT-857D.
I have 80 ft of LMR-400 Ultra Flex.
I have a MFJ-226 Graphic Antenna Impedance Analyzer.
I have 4 MFJ-1979 16.9ft Extra long telescoping antennas.
(I intend to support these MFJ-1979 telescoping antennas with 40lb fishing line,
leading down from a support above it. The support of the antenna is atleast 2 ft from the base end of the antenna/radial.
I have a MFJ fiberglass telescoping mast (with 7-4ft sections)
- the clamps are of the quick release type.
I look to incorporate 2-1/2" "SharkBite" PEX CLAMPS (from the plumbing isle at Home Depot), to fit snuggly around the widest part of the telescoping antennas, as a point to secure the antenna end of the fishing line.

The fishing line is to lead up from the antenna radials, toward their support, namely, a horizontal piece of 1/2" wide tube of PVC. This 1/2" wide tube of PVC is intended to be the support for these approx. 35 degree downward slopimg radials.

I was inspired to collect the above by an article released by SteppIR named,
"Radial Systems for Elevated and Ground mounted Vertical Antennas"
Here is that link:
http://www.wimo.de/download/steppir-...l_antennas.pdf

I am able to mount the base of the fiberglass mast along side a 4ft long 4"x4"
post, itself mounted vertically and firmly supported at the end of a 3/4"x24"x36" piece of plywood. The plywood is to be held down by one tire of a 2004 AWD Chevy AstroVan.
I intend to add "guy wires" (light nylon rope) to add support to the top of the mast. I only intend to use this antenna as a temporary setup, able to be assembled and torn down in a matter of 20-30 minutes.

The reason I chose to purchase the MFJ-1979 telescoping antennas and the fiberglass telescoping mast was because I wanted versatility while also learning to build homegrown antennas.
I also wanted to respect the antenna designs of respected companies.

I also am looking to learn how to build adjustable Yagi directional antennas especially for 6meter - 10meters.

Can I get some input from you Hams out there?

Allen
KE0AHU