Old September 2nd 04, 02:36 AM
folio

Default dipole feeder 300 ohm

from Gilles ve2lx

1st time on REC group

I just install temporary an invert dipole feeded with ((( tv twinlead
300 ohm )))

actually I have no RF interferences from 160 to 12 m (but only low on 10 m
but no more usable anyway ) compare to my end fed I used before...!

antenna length is 66 ft or 33 ft each side and feeder length about 48
ft...the dipole is parralele to the back of the 20 appartement's house and
the full SFC remote coupler or tuner ( builted only for wire tuning ) is
on
my tuner is on the back galery 8 ft from radio on 3 rd floor a little
above
the steel hand rail...!

((( I seen many article on internet and on tech reference ))) mentionning
that
when it is humid, damp periode, snow and so on there might be a great
variation of swr during these conditions......?

((( Is there some one on the groupe that used ))) 300 ohm feeder with a
dipole for a
long periode especially during fall and winter to learn about that type of
installation......?

wishing to ear soon

Gilles ve2lx

---

Old September 2nd 04, 03:29 AM
Irv Finkleman

folio wrote:

from Gilles ve2lx

((( Is there some one on the groupe that used ))) 300 ohm feeder with a
dipole for a
long periode especially during fall and winter to learn about that type of
installation......?

wishing to ear soon

Gilles ve2lx

Gilles,

I Used 50 ft of the cheapest TV twinlead (300ohm) I could find because it was
temporary test. The antenna worked so well that I left it up from 83 to 96
through all kinds of weather including harsh Alberta winters. I never
noticed any noticeable SWR changes with weather, and when I took it down
I saved the twinlead for future use -- it was as good as new!
Bon Chance!
Irv VE6BP

--
Diagnosed Type II Diabetes March 5 2001

ANTENNA TWINLEAD FEEDER folio Antenna 5 September 2nd 04 03:24 AM
40 meter dipole or 88 feet doublet Dick Antenna 2 February 6th 04 08:55 PM
Dipole Next To Home-Is That A Problem?? Xtx99 Antenna 2 November 26th 03 12:11 AM
shortened dipole loaded Jerry Antenna 11 October 2nd 03 12:57 AM