Old March 21st 17, 02:24 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Ping spike roger jim rambo fred and all other real radio amateurs

Should the worst come to the worst and the lord voldemorts
have their way and uk.radio.amateur be removed, where
shall we congregate to continue discussion about the
gentlemanly and technical traditions
of real (12WPM?) amateur radio?

Insofar as much of our discussions relate to antennae
and wave propagation (of which spike is the undoubted
expert), and rra.antenna is a much-underused group,
I suggest rec.radio.amateur.antenna.

If nothing else it should improve international relations
with the Yanks.

Talking of which, there's no doubt of the truth of the claim
that no wire-tapping took place, because no longer do we
intercept by attaching croc clips to the copper drop
wire, it's all done digitally in the network!

And as to the faux indignation by the Brit gestapo, their
whole raison d'etre is to monitor communications from all
political factions in every country around the world, so
who do they think that they fool by claiming to have had no
interest in trump?

Old March 21st 17, 04:19 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On 21/03/2017 14:24, Gareth's Downstairs Computer wrote:
[snip]

Don't bother with r.r.a.a.

1-it's become colonised by a QRZ forum
2- our friends over the pond might not understand your version of "humour"
3- what makes you think the likes of reay, cole, tomlinson et al
wouldn't simply follow you there?
--
€0.02

---
http://www.avg.com

Old March 21st 17, 05:16 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Catweazel wrote:
On 21/03/2017 14:24, Gareth's Downstairs Computer wrote:
[snip]

Don't bother with r.r.a.a.

1-it's become colonised by a QRZ forum
2- our friends over the pond might not understand your version of "humour"
3- what makes you think the likes of reay, cole, tomlinson et al
wouldn't simply follow you there?

I can hand on heart say that I won't follow them there.

--
STC / M0TEY /
http://twitter.com/ukradioamateur
Old March 21st 17, 05:25 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Tue, 21 Mar 2017 14:24:14 +0000, Gareth's Downstairs Computer
wrote:

[...]

But there are croc clips, and GBFO virtual croc clips.
http://www.lamont.me.uk/capenhurst/original.html

Do they have crocs on rraa or just 'gators?

--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%
Old March 21st 17, 05:27 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Tue, 21 Mar 2017 17:16:36 -0000 (UTC), Stephen Thomas Cole
wrote:

Catweazel wrote:
On 21/03/2017 14:24, Gareth's Downstairs Computer wrote:
[snip]

Don't bother with r.r.a.a.

1-it's become colonised by a QRZ forum
2- our friends over the pond might not understand your version of "humour"
3- what makes you think the likes of reay, cole, tomlinson et al
wouldn't simply follow you there?

I can hand on heart say that I won't follow them there.

Like you just did?

--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%

Old March 21st 17, 06:03 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

wrote:

Catweazel wrote:
On 21/03/2017 14:24, Gareth's Downstairs Computer wrote:
[snip]

Don't bother with r.r.a.a.

1-it's become colonised by a QRZ forum
2- our friends over the pond might not understand your version of "humour"
3- what makes you think the likes of reay, cole, tomlinson et al
wouldn't simply follow you there?

I can hand on heart say that I won't follow them there.

Like you just did?

I was replying to Mr Fuller, not "them", and my reply was intended to be
seen by the users of rraa to reassure them of my intentions. If I post
there after this message, it will be for the purposes of discussing amateur
radio rather than continuing a feud, and I'm happy to be held to that so
feel free to bookmark this post. HTH.

Old March 21st 17, 06:51 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On 21/03/2017 17:16, Stephen Thomas Cole wrote:
Catweazel wrote:
On 21/03/2017 14:24, Gareth's Downstairs Computer wrote:
[snip]

Don't bother with r.r.a.a.

1-it's become colonised by a QRZ forum
2- our friends over the pond might not understand your version of "humour"
3- what makes you think the likes of reay, cole, tomlinson et al
wouldn't simply follow you there?

I can hand on heart say that I won't follow them there.

Only because you did that already. Despite that you are
an admitted ignoramus about any matters technical, you stalked
me to rra.antenna to bad mouth me.

Old March 21st 17, 06:52 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On 21/03/2017 16:19, Catweazel wrote:
On 21/03/2017 14:24, Gareth's Downstairs Computer wrote:
[snip]

Don't bother with r.r.a.a.

1-it's become colonised by a QRZ forum
2- our friends over the pond might not understand your version of "humour"
3- what makes you think the likes of reay, cole, tomlinson et al
wouldn't simply follow you there?

Both reay and cole have stlaked me to other NGs in the past.

Old March 21st 17, 07:06 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On 21/03/2017 18:03, Stephen Thomas Cole wrote:
it will be for the purposes of discussing amateur
radio rather than continuing a feud

An unfortunate admission there for your childish demeanour.

Old March 21st 17, 09:06 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,uk.radio.amateur

On 21/03/2017 20:33, Rickman wrote:

I'm sort of ok with you Brits being into man love, but public rimming is
really a step too far.
Please don't come back here, Gareth.

Grow up, child.

Please do not post to groups that you do not read; and please
do not change the FU without declaring it.

Both are the recourse of immaturity.