Old August 13th 03, 06:07 PM

Default FS: Army 3KW Generator, needs work, $50 central Texas

Get it out of the back of my truck! I got it in a package deal and
have little or no mechanical ability. Will take almost anything on
trade (except ham stuff as I'm not a ham. Locals know me as The
Battery Guy.)

Here's a link for pics on the generator:

http://f1.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/...c=bc%26.view=t

On further exam of the engines, both are missing a small downdraft
carb but otherwise look like you'd have the parts from one to repair
the damage to the other. from the tags on the engine it would appear
to have just been rebuilt in '93 and then damaged, maybe by a
forklift, and then scrapped. Most damage seems to be to the coolings
shrouds.The oil looks brand new and the engine and gen turns (the
spare engine does not, but I did not have much leverage).

4 cylinder engine, also have an extra engine. Cage a little bent up,
Not for the faint of heart but would make a very nice genset if you
know what you are doing. I will consider trading for almost anything
(NO recreational pharmaceuticals please). I got this genset yesterday
as part of a package and am keeping the little genset. I'll trade for
a gun (maybe with some cash for the right one), a 21" monitor, a
cruiser type bicycle or mountain bike, heck, just about anything!

Jeff
Temple
254/791-2340