RadioBanter

-   -   6 and 2 meter homebrew???? (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/2376-6-2-meter-homebrew.html)

Bjmlittle00 September 27th 04 01:35 AM

6 and 2 meter homebrew????

I am wanting to make an antenna that will work for 6 meters and 2 meters. Can
someone provide a newbie with some suggestions???
Thanks
Buck

Ralph Mowery September 27th 04 03:02 AM

I am wanting to make an antenna that will work for 6 meters and 2 meters.
Can
someone provide a newbie with some suggestions???
Thanks
Buck

Try to be a little more specific. Do you want a beam, vertical, moble ?
Horizontal or vertical ? What do you plan to use the antenna for ?

Bjmlittle00 September 28th 04 12:58 AM

Sorry....I want it for base use. Just a vertical for now. I just want to get on
6 and 2 reliably.
Thanks
Buck

Wall E Gator September 28th 04 02:29 AM

http://www.ozhelpservices.com/50MHz_JPole.htm
http://www.qsl.net/wb8erj/146jpole.htm

Bjmlittle00 September 28th 04 02:53 AM

I want one antenna that will work for both bands. I have a Jpole for 6 but I
want to replace it with one antenna and work both
Buck

Bob Miller September 28th 04 03:15 AM

On 28 Sep 2004 01:53:33 GMT, (Bjmlittle00) wrote:

I want one antenna that will work for both bands. I have a Jpole for 6 but I
want to replace it with one antenna and work both
Buck

The two bands are not quite harmonically related, so getting one
antenna to work for both will be tough.

You might look at a 5/8 wave antenna for two meters. It could be
within yelling distance of a 1/4 wave for somewhere on 6 meters.

bob
k5qwg

Marty Albert September 28th 04 03:27 AM

What about a copper cactus?

See:

http://archimedes.galilei.com/raiar/cactus.html

I have built several with excellent results.

Take Care & 73

de Marty KC6UFM

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 02:15:51 GMT, Bob Miller
mused:

NN7Kex(NOSPAM)k7zfg September 28th 04 03:39 AM

Bob Miller wrote:

On 28 Sep 2004 01:53:33 GMT, (Bjmlittle00) wrote:

I want one antenna that will work for both bands. I have a Jpole for 6 but I
want to replace it with one antenna and work both
Buck

The two bands are not quite harmonically related, so getting one
antenna to work for both will be tough.

You might look at a 5/8 wave antenna for two meters. It could be
within yelling distance of a 1/4 wave for somewhere on 6 meters.

bob
k5qwg

2 antennas might fulfill your requirements-- The Larson 2 meter 5/8 wave,
mounted on a piece of pipe , aprox . 57-60 inches long, with a cap, and
BIGGER than the coax/connector your useing. (to make a "coaxial verticle)
or-- build a ground-plane, again, with the larson antenna (0r a whip
aproximately 55 inches long, but this time , use radials , in the horizontal
plane. works on 6 meters as 1/2 wave, 2 meters as a 5/8 wave, mounted against
a 1/4 wave (for counterpoise)! And, the 144 MHz works even better on six,
folks have found, than their 50 MHz verticle for mobile! easy to build,
especially the coaxial antenna, if you have a drillbit for the vertical -
just drill thru the cap! Jim NN7K

Simon October 1st 04 11:23 PM

Bjmlittle00 wrote:
I am wanting to make an antenna that will work for 6 meters and 2 meters. Can
someone provide a newbie with some suggestions???
Thanks
Buck

Start from here :)

http://www.dxzone.com/catalog/Techni...as/index.shtml