Old October 1st 04, 01:53 PM
Steveo

Default Superskyhooks antenna scam

What, the felonies and history of repeater jamming? Doubt it.

"KC8QJP" wrote:
hey hunny does brian know about our colorful past? wink wink nudge nudge
say no more..................
N8WWM "Psychiatrist to keyclowns" wrote in
message m...
I Am Not Ice wrote in message
news:1096569501.iOzSjgD8Gx4ggh749kzblw@teranews ...
On 30 Sep 2004 08:40:31 -0700,

Steveo wrote in message
Steveo wrote:
Subject: And who is
?
From: I Am Not Ice

Date: 9/28/2004 1:13 PM Central Daylight Time

That would be Dougay Adair.

Yep, his superskyhooks antenna scam got ran. ::chuckle::

See mopeadopes brain!

http://www.geocities.com/mopeadopezb...?1096389112170

Uh huh. That's why over 100 ebay purchasers said they loved it.
That's why they sell out at hamfests. That's why word of mouth alone
keeps us busy at the shop.
That's why 4 different people now have 6 meter VUCC with this
particular antenna. That's why Brian, the original builder, endorses
it.

http://www.uksmg.org/longwire.htm

Guess thats why you gave Brian credit for his idea?

You even went so far as to steal his drawing and include it for your
write up for the TMRA Amateur Radio Beacon.

http://tinyurl.com/4ypeg

Why didn't you give him any credit?

We personally corresponded about the idea. He's happy with the way
things are. Also, a copy of the page on UKSMG goes on the disk with
the instructions that goes out with every one of 'em. Just because you
clowns don't see it don't mean it aint so. I did not write it up for
TMRA, by the way. I am not aware that it is there, or at least wasn't
until now. I am not and have not been a member of TMRA since about
1993 or 1994, so I don't get the newsletter. Also, I am quite certain
the Brian approves of my exploitation of the idea. If you would like
to know you can always write him a letter, which I know would be
replied to with his ringing approval. The antenna works great, and I
am one of the 4 people who got VUCC on 50mhz in SSB mode with this
unit. (see page 81, August QST)
Next, doing it with 5 watts on PSK31. Then with 10 watts on CW. That
oughta keep me busy for a while.

Also, in the May QST "World Above 50 mhz" section, W3ZZ mentioned my
antenna and included the link to the UKSMG page, which I supplied him.
I think putting that in an internationally read magazine gave credit
where it was due.

As for any particular uniqueness of the antenna, not really. People
have used these for a long time with other feedpoint impedence
transforming methods. The matching unit Brian originally did is not
weatherproof at all and used mica interlaced trimmer caps. This unit
is a redesign of the physical makeup, using Johnson Air variables and
a weather resistant box.

As for TMRA, that's a definite "what gives?" situation. I'll ask about
it for sure. Not that it bothers me, or would bother Brian either.
Pics coulda been taken off my ebay site too. I just flat don't
remember cuz so many people have asked, emailed, called, and ordered
the thing. Nothing succeeds like success, and that's a real decent
antenna to start out with.

You assume a lot for someone who does not know what he is talking
about.

--
John Kerry honored by commies -
http://tinyurl.com/3cncy