Old November 6th 04, 08:55 PM
Tom Donaly

Reg Edwards wrote:
Balanis
clearly states that a standing wave antenna can be analyzed based
on the forward current and the backward current.

================================

Who the heck is "Balony" Never heard of him or her.
----
Reg

That's because you never read.
73,
Tom Donaly, KA6RUH
Old November 6th 04, 08:59 PM
Cecil Moore

Reg Edwards wrote:
Ah, I see, modern high-technology smokeless and odorless powders do not
betray your postion to the rattler if you miss him first time.

I would never kill a life form except in self defense or by
accident. I was actually one of the older California hippies
in the 70's, full of peace and free love.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Old November 6th 04, 09:02 PM
Tom Donaly

Reg Edwards wrote:

W5DXP wrote:

I'm chugging Franzia Merlot while cleaning my Colt Python .357 Magnum
and Winchester 30-30 Lever-Action Carbine. :-)

After shooting a rattler do you, Hollywood-fashion, put the weapon to

your

lips and blow the smoke out of the barrel? ;o)

I'm not that primitive, Reg. I use commercial ammo with smokeless
powder.
--
73, Cecil, W5DXP

Ah, I see, modern high-technology smokeless and odorless powders do not
betray your postion to the rattler if you miss him first time.

At night, have you tried infra-red telescopic sights?

But by now rattle snakes must be becoming, like Bengal tigers and red
indians, an endanged species. ;o)
----
Reg.

Rattlesnakes shouldn't mind being killed, since, after they die,
they're immediately reincarnated as Republicans. Come to think of
it,though,
maybe they should mind after all.
73,
Tom Donaly, KA6RUH
Old November 6th 04, 09:26 PM
Cecil Moore

Reg Edwards wrote:

Balanis
clearly states that a standing wave antenna can be analyzed based
on the forward current and the backward current.

Who the heck is "Balony" Never heard of him or her.

:-) Balanis is my Arizona State University professor who directed
my thinking along these lines. He's the author of a textbook titled:
"Antenna Theory, Analysis and Design" that has come to be a later
reference than some of the Kraus, Jasik, Terman stuff. You can
obtain a copy of his book on Amazon.com for only $119. A web
search for "Constantine A. Balanis" turned up three pages of
lists of web pages.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Old November 6th 04, 11:07 PM
Lee Hopper

Cecil Moore wrote:
I was actually one of the older California hippies
in the 70's, full of peace and free love.

Cecil -

I'd like to see a picture, please.

73 - Lee H, NB7F

Old November 6th 04, 11:48 PM
Yuri Blanarovich

Rattlesnakes shouldn't mind being killed, since, after they die,
they're immediately reincarnated as Republicans. Come to think of
it,though,
maybe they should mind after all.
73,
Tom Donaly, KA6RUH

That says it all!

Cecil, you are arguing with brainwashed liberals. I escaped from that crap, but
it haunts me here, even on the radio internet waves.

Viva Bush!

Yuri da BUm
Old November 7th 04, 12:18 AM
Roy Lewallen

Frank wrote:
Now I understand the confusion. I am not using EZNEC, and am not familiar
with the program. . .

You can download a free demo version of EZNEC from http://eznec.com.
It's perfectly adequate for analysis of simple antennas with lumped
loads, and gives you full graphics, the ability to fix the power level,
and all the other features of the full EZNEC program with the single
exception of a 20 segment limit.

The demo version also includes the full EZNEC/EZNEC+/EZNEC pro manual,
and there's no time limit on its use.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL
Old November 7th 04, 12:21 AM
Cecil Moore

Lee Hopper wrote:

Cecil Moore wrote:
I was actually one of the older California hippies
in the 70's, full of peace and free love.

I'd like to see a picture, please.

A picture of the free love?
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Old November 7th 04, 12:25 AM
Cecil Moore

Yuri Blanarovich wrote:
Cecil, you are arguing with brainwashed liberals.

Well, I'm half liberal. I'm a social liberal so I disagree with Bush.
I'm an economic conservative so I disagree with both Kerry and Bush.
I voted Libertarian.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Old November 7th 04, 12:42 AM