RadioBanter

-   -   HV Vertical ?? (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/250-hv-vertical.html)

MAS August 18th 03 12:32 PM

HV Vertical ??

What's your view on the best HF multi band vertical for me.

I know the fact I am looking at multi band is a compromise with respect to
performance but who can afford mono band antennas for all bands ;-)

I am able to mount something on a pole putting the base of the antenna about
10 - 20 ft above ground.

I was thinking about the Cushcraft R6000 but I am open to ideas.

Cheers..

H. Adam Stevens August 18th 03 01:16 PM

"MAS" wrote in message
What's your view on the best HF multi band vertical for me.

I know the fact I am looking at multi band is a compromise with respect to
performance but who can afford mono band antennas for all bands ;-)

I am able to mount something on a pole putting the base of the antenna

about
10 - 20 ft above ground.

I was thinking about the Cushcraft R6000 but I am open to ideas.

Cheers..

Hi OM
I just gave away an R8.
I have the BiggIR vertical.
www.steppir.com
No compromises but you'll need a radials.
Mine's grounded on a very long fence.
It is a "mono band antenna for all bands" = 40 - 2
73
H.
NQ5H

Michael Weissman, M.D. August 19th 03 02:01 AM

I've had good success with the GAP Challenger over the past 15 months.

Excellent for DX.

So, so for close in scheds.

Mike

John Savva August 19th 03 06:21 AM

I have had great luck with the AV-640 by Hy-Gain. It uses a counterpoise;
no radials required. I have mine mounted about 7 feet off the ground on a
small mast, and have been extremely pleased. It has worked very well for DX
and also has done a good job on 40 meters for local nets.