Old August 18th 03, 12:32 PM
MAS

Default HV Vertical ??

What's your view on the best HF multi band vertical for me.

I know the fact I am looking at multi band is a compromise with respect to
performance but who can afford mono band antennas for all bands ;-)

I am able to mount something on a pole putting the base of the antenna about
10 - 20 ft above ground.

I was thinking about the Cushcraft R6000 but I am open to ideas.

Cheers..

Old August 18th 03, 01:16 PM
H. Adam Stevens

"MAS" wrote in message
What's your view on the best HF multi band vertical for me.

I know the fact I am looking at multi band is a compromise with respect to
performance but who can afford mono band antennas for all bands ;-)

I am able to mount something on a pole putting the base of the antenna

about
10 - 20 ft above ground.

I was thinking about the Cushcraft R6000 but I am open to ideas.

Cheers..

Hi OM
I just gave away an R8.
I have the BiggIR vertical.
www.steppir.com
No compromises but you'll need a radials.
Mine's grounded on a very long fence.
It is a "mono band antenna for all bands" = 40 - 2
73
H.
NQ5H

Old August 19th 03, 02:01 AM
Michael Weissman, M.D.

I've had good success with the GAP Challenger over the past 15 months.

Excellent for DX.

So, so for close in scheds.

Mike

Old August 19th 03, 06:21 AM
John Savva

I have had great luck with the AV-640 by Hy-Gain. It uses a counterpoise;
no radials required. I have mine mounted about 7 feet off the ground on a
small mast, and have been extremely pleased. It has worked very well for DX
and also has done a good job on 40 meters for local nets.