Old October 27th 04, 06:11 AM
Linux Lover

Default Any opinion about the Terk AF1 antenna?

Is it really that magical (for FM at least) as described here?

http://tinyurl.com/5mt6c

If it is indeed that good, how does it coincide with the mockery this
guy makes from *any* omni direction here?

http://www.kyes.com/antenna/antennat...ennatypes.html

The description & specs for the Terk AF1 can be found he
http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/mwant/3569.html

Thanks,
Lynn
Old October 29th 04, 02:08 PM
'Doc

brewhaha,
How do I use my multi-meter to check the impedance of
my antenna?
'Doc
Old October 30th 04, 04:33 AM
Howard

On 26 Oct 2004 22:11:30 -0700, (Linux
Lover) wrote:

Is it really that magical (for FM at least) as described here?

http://tinyurl.com/5mt6c

If it is indeed that good, how does it coincide with the mockery this
guy makes from *any* omni direction here?

http://www.kyes.com/antenna/antennat...ennatypes.html

The description & specs for the Terk AF1 can be found he
http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/mwant/3569.html

Thanks,
Lynn

Lynn,
I have used a Terk FM amplified antenna (Terk Tower, the older version
I have is FM only) in the past and it worked fine. I was in a bit of
an "RF Hole" where a twinlead dipole just wouldn't cut it and the Terk
pulled in the stations I wanted. The gain setting was kept very low
for all but one station. Fortunately I don't have reception issues
where I'm at now but I kept the antenna just in case 8-} I'd
recommend their products based on my [single point] experience with
them. This may be an easier option for you than the attic antenna -
the new Terk Tower includes AM and sells for $29.95 at Best Try
........ oops, I mean Best Buy. Gotta love the Best Try description:
"Omnidirectional antenna; also has directional antenna capability"
Howard