Old January 8th 05, 11:01 AM
Reg Edwards

"Ian Jackson" wrote
People keep saying that they use 4:1 or 9:1 baluns.
Often I can see no reason for this (such as when simply feeding a dipole
with coax, or on the output of an ATU).

I'm obviously missing the point. Why the impedance transformation?

=====================================

Nearly always there IS no point to be missed.

Reasoning seldom enters an argument.

Which of the infinite number of impedance ratios on one antenna are to be
favoured?

Personally, I have never used a balun except of the choke variety which can
be used between indeterminate impedances of any ratio to serve a
recognisable purpose.

But the right to free speech must be held.
----
Reg, G4FGQ

Baluns for RX doublet Ken Antenna 3 January 4th 05 07:07 PM
Choke Baluns again. New program Reg Edwards Antenna 8 June 22nd 04 10:16 PM
Balun's... I'm confused... Fred Antenna 4 February 29th 04 08:00 AM
Baluns JEFF UK Antenna 6 February 18th 04 09:01 PM
Make your own Baluns Peter W Antenna 0 January 26th 04 04:10 AM