Old January 11th 05, 07:54 AM
Ross Anderson

Default Television Antenna

Can anyone tell me the make and model number of this television
antenna?

http://home.comcast.net/~ross_anders...ionAntenna.htm
I want to model it using nec.

Thanks

Ross W1HBQ

Old January 11th 05, 05:59 PM
Mike

Ross:

Looks like a Winegard Chromstar from the 70's.

Possibly a predecessor to one of these
http://www.starkelectronic.com/wing4.htm

Great fringe antenna, built like a tank.

Mine had a plastic box with a passive balun
on a circuit board with an F connector on
the bottom. I seem to recall seeing an active
version as well.

Hope this gets you started.

Mike NZ4K

Old January 11th 05, 07:09 PM
J. Mc Laughlin

Dear Ross:
A worthy endeavor. Do let us know how the modeling works out.
73 Mac N8TT

--
J. Mc Laughlin; Michigan U.S.A.
Home:

"Ross Anderson"

I want to model it using nec.

Thanks

Ross W1HBQ

Old January 11th 05, 10:40 PM
Allodoxaphobia

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 13:09:48 -0500, J. Mc Laughlin wrote:
"Ross Anderson"

I want to model it using nec.

A worthy endeavor. Do let us know how the modeling works out.

I'd be interested as to how you model the kinked VHF element(s), and the
twisted and missing UHF elements. HI!HI!

73 es HNY
Jonesy