RadioBanter

-   -   NEC2 beginners question (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/251252-re-nec2-beginners-question.html)

kristoff December 19th 17 06:57 AM

NEC2 beginners question

Hi Dave,

On 13-12-17 00:26, Dave Platt wrote:
However, in the case of the slim-jim antenna, the feeder-cable is
connected on two different wires of the antenna.
So how do deal with this?

Add an additional wire (I believe 1 segment is adequate) between the
two points that you wish to drive with the incoming signal. Tell NEC
that this segment is where the source is connected.

Thanks for you reply.

It tried this. The radiation pattern seams to be more or less correct,
bt for some reason the SWR graph is all wrong (I have a SWR of 10 -whihc
is probably a "to high" on all frequencies).

I'll do some more research and come back to the NG if I cannot find the
sollution.

Anycase, thanks again for your help.

Kristoff - ON1ARF