Old November 10th 04, 02:58 AM
news

Default Need Info - Vintage Hy-gain 4 Element Tri-band Beam

Came across a vintage Hy-gain beam in excellent condition with the four inch
diameter black traps. I think this beam is from the late 50's. Need
element length and spacing dimensions. Missing the gamma matching sections
so will need configuration for the matching the single length driven
element. Would be great to get a copy of the assembly and installation
instructions.

Any help would be appreciated.

Larry

Old November 10th 04, 04:15 AM
Crazy George

Larry:

I bought one of those when they first appeared, and put it up. The traps lasted only a few months, before they sucked
water and detuned. I am still using that antenna with the replacement solid traps they provided as warranty
replacement. I'll bet Leo really lost big time on that first design.

Unfortunately, I cannot find either the original instructions, nor the later dimensions which came with the replacement
traps, but bottom line is that those black traps were a problem waiting to happen.

--
Crazy George
Remove N O and S P A M imbedded in return address

Old November 11th 04, 09:27 PM
Simone

"news" ha scritto nel messaggio
Came across a vintage Hy-gain beam in excellent condition with the four

inch
diameter black traps. I think this beam is from the late 50's. Need
element length and spacing dimensions. Missing the gamma matching

sections
so will need configuration for the matching the single length driven
element. Would be great to get a copy of the assembly and installation
instructions.

Any help would be appreciated.

Larry

Try asking HyGain.

find their antenna manuals he

http://www.dxzone.com/cgi-bin/dir/se...?query=hy-gain

73

simone

Old November 13th 04, 05:09 PM
w9gb

"news" wrote in message
Came across a vintage Hy-gain beam in excellent condition with the four
inch
diameter black traps. I think this beam is from the late 50's. Need
element length and spacing dimensions. Missing the gamma matching
sections
so will need configuration for the matching the single length driven
element. Would be great to get a copy of the assembly and installation
instructions.

Any help would be appreciated.

Larry

Hy-Gain (MFJ) web site :

http://www.hy-gain.com/

Current in loading coil, EZNEC - helix Yuri Blanarovich Antenna 334 November 9th 04 05:45 PM
Antenna tuner Matthew&Wendy Antenna 68 August 10th 04 12:32 PM
Simple practical designing with antenna modeling programs Richard Antenna 4 June 11th 04 02:19 AM
Scaling yagi antennas Richard Antenna 3 June 6th 04 12:38 PM