Old November 11th 04, 04:15 AM
Skyler King

Default MINI PRODUCTS BEAM..

Anyone remember the Mini-Products beam for HF??
A friend had one about 25 years ago and I remember
it worked pretty well for such a small antenna.
Any clues to find one??

73

Old November 11th 04, 12:57 PM
w9gb

"Skyler King" wrote in message
Anyone remember the Mini-Products beam for HF??
A friend had one about 25 years ago and I remember
it worked pretty well for such a small antenna.
Any clues to find one??

73

Mini-Products located in the Erie, PA made a series of hybrid Quad antennas.
T.G.M. Communications (Canada) has taken over production and support of
these antennas.
Here is their web page:
http://www3.sympatico.ca/tgmc/

121 DEVON ST.
STRATFORD,ONT.
CANADA
N5A 2Z8
PHONE: 519-271-5928
FAX: 519-271-5928
EMAIL: TGMC@ SYMPATICO.CA

Old November 11th 04, 02:14 PM
Keyboard In The Wilderness

If you mean the Hybrid Quad,
see T.G.M. Communications -- URL:
http://www3.sympatico.ca/tgmc/

--
The Anon Keyboard
I doubt, therefore I might be

Old February 10th 11, 11:07 PM
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyler King View Post
Anyone remember the Mini-Products beam for HF??
A friend had one about 25 years ago and I remember
it worked pretty well for such a small antenna.
Any clues to find one??

73
I've got one for sale if interested. Was my dad's and I had good performance when stationed in Hawaii. If I remember correctly, it covered 20, 15, and 10 meters and made by Mini Beam Products of Erie, PA.

Asking $115 as is plus shipping.

Bill KL7YB
beartrax at mtaonline dot net
Old February 12th 11, 04:33 AM
Member

Location: Tampa florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskabill View Post
I've got one for sale if interested. Was my dad's and I had good performance when stationed in Hawaii. If I remember correctly, it covered 20, 15, and 10 meters and made by Mini Beam Products of Erie, PA.

Asking $115 as is plus shipping.

Bill KL7YB
beartrax at mtaonline dot net
It was made by hybrid products, and was really touchy to get working
__________________
Ka7niq
http://www.saferoofcleaning.com

Old February 12th 11, 12:51 PM
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ka7niq View Post
It was made by hybrid products, and was really touchy to get working
The label on mine says "Mini Beam Products, Erie PA". There is a model number also, but cannot make it out.

I had no problems getting it to tune up.

Bill KL7YB
Old February 12th 11, 01:32 PM
Member

Here is your antenna http://www.tgmcom.com/index.php?opti...ters&Itemid=63
__________________
Old February 12th 11, 02:36 PM
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ka7niq View Post
Nope. That's not it although similar. Mine was made and purchased before TGM bought the rights to Mini Products of Erie, PA.

My beam covers only 20, 15, and 10 meters. We didn't have 12 and 17 meters then.

Bill KL7YB
Old March 1st 11, 07:30 PM
Member

Location: Tampa florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskabill View Post
Nope. That's not it although similar. Mine was made and purchased before TGM bought the rights to Mini Products of Erie, PA.

My beam covers only 20, 15, and 10 meters. We didn't have 12 and 17 meters then.

Bill KL7YB
Well, best of luck to you in your search OM. My neighbor in Seattle had one on a chimney mount, on top of a 3 story house. It was the Hybrid Products Company Mini Quad, and it did a great job! However, he sold it for a Hy Gain TH2 tri bander. Do not underestimate the little 2 element Hy Gain TH 2. It also performs well for a small antenna. I have a small space QTH here in Tampa, but I am not deed restricted. I have also been looking at small antennas lately.
Ka7niq
http://www.saferoofcleaning.com

40M V Beam question J. McLaughlin Antenna 6 June 24th 04 01:28 PM
Identify beam Terry Ashland Antenna 2 June 21st 04 02:51 AM
FS: Connectors, Antennas, Meters, Mounts, etc. Ben Antenna 0 January 6th 04 12:18 AM
small 10 meter beam for satellite RX Bruce Antenna 5 August 7th 03 02:45 AM
Vee Beam info needed W5DXP Antenna 5 August 6th 03 07:39 AM