Old November 13th 04, 05:22 PM
Tam/WB2TT

"w9gb" wrote in message
news5qld.81419$HA.72879@attbi_s01...
"Tam/WB2TT" wrote in message

I think it was shorter lived than that. I have 1962 and 1964 ham catlogs,
the TH4 is in the 62 (no picture), but not in the 64. By 1964 the TH5 was
out. That is not to say they were all sold by 64. I should have mentioned
the Explorer 14, which they call a 4 element antenna, but to the casual
observer looks like it has 6 elements.

BTW, Hygain no longer comes up on the MFJ web site. Anybody know if they
sold it?

Tam/WB2TT

Hy-Gain (MFJ) web site is working fine for me:

http://www.hy-gain.com/

I know hy-gain.com works, but you can't simply get to it from
mfjenterprises.com. Used to be able to. If you type in Ameritron or Mirage,
they come up with several choices. Hygain and Hy-gain give you no match. I
did finally get it to work by searching on "rotator", and then clicking on 6
meter beam. This shows Hygain at the top of the page together with
Ameritron, Vectronics, Mirage, and MFJ ( I am not claiming this makes
sense). If you click on "antennas", you only get the MFJ.

Tam/WB2TT

Old November 13th 04, 05:36 PM
Tam/WB2TT

"carl wesser" wrote in message
I wish to thank ALL....I will go back and look @ the elements and try to
decipher what it is...2 of the trapped elements are exactly the same length
and look identical...........NO color coding.............it has the square
horizontal "wire"connectors between the elements..I only see 3 clamp points
for the elements to the boom....., But the owner said all 4 were attached
when he took it down,,,,,,,,,,,,each element is fully assembled ,,,,,,,,,
the elements have a sweged size reducer near the tips......some of the
traps are about 3 inches in diameter, some are about 1 1/2 " diam..
it approaches looking like the TA33mu arc
the search contionues,
carl
thank you

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffff

"All that is Required for Evil to Succeed is for Good Men to DO NOTHING"

It would probably help if you posted the length of the boom and the length
of the longest element. Are you saying there are two driven elements?

Tam/WB2TT

Old November 14th 04, 12:36 AM
w9gb

"Tam/WB2TT" wrote in message

[...]

Yes, I noticed this a few months ago.
I also noticed the problem with Ameritron amplifiers at one point - but this
may have been changed.

w9gb

Call for a *practical* design for a 5 or 6 element wideband yagi using a hertz dipole as DE Richard Antenna 7 June 11th 04 02:58 PM
Simple practical designing with antenna modeling programs Richard Antenna 4 June 11th 04 02:19 AM
Scaling yagi antennas Richard Antenna 3 June 6th 04 12:38 PM
VHF yagi element diameter Richard Antenna 3 June 5th 04 02:17 PM
Element Design with Loading Coils George Antenna 7 April 24th 04 06:00 PM