RadioBanter

-   -   What's the best Source of Info On Rhombics? (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/2614-whats-best-source-info-rhombics.html)

MailfrmPA November 20th 04 04:23 AM

What's the best Source of Info On Rhombics?

What book/mag article would you recommend as the best "how to " source of info
on rhombics for the low bands? The comming cold dark nights put me in a mind
for dreaming of big antennas. For bedtime reading I don't want a lot of
formulas, just nuts and bolts info

K0MB

Cecil Moore November 20th 04 04:43 AM

MailfrmPA wrote:
What book/mag article would you recommend as the best "how to " source of info
on rhombics for the low bands?

The ARRL Antenna Book is a good start.
--
73, Cecil, W5DXP

Simone November 23rd 04 10:47 PM

Have a look here.
http://www.dxzone.com/catalog/Antennas/index.shtml

Arrl antenna book contain many info on it too.

Fractenna November 24th 04 02:12 PM

Laport

Mike Luther November 29th 04 12:43 AM

You might have a look at,

MailfrmPA wrote:
What book/mag article would you recommend as the best "how to " source of info
on rhombics for the low bands? The comming cold dark nights put me in a mind
for dreaming of big antennas. For bedtime reading I don't want a lot of
formulas, just nuts and bolts info

K0MB

"Antenna Engineering Handbook", by Hery Jasik - starting at 4.12 - The
topic 4.6 ' Rhombic Antenna in Free Space and go from there in that book.

W5WQN

Mike Luther

Rick Karlquist N6RK November 29th 04 05:46 PM

MailfrmPA wrote:
What book/mag article would you recommend as the best "how to " source

of info
on rhombics for the low bands? The comming cold dark nights put me in a

mind
for dreaming of big antennas. For bedtime reading I don't want a lot of
formulas, just nuts and bolts info

K0MB

Rhombics are "big" in the physical sense, but you can the same gain in much
less
space with a Yagi, plus much less sidelobe power. Also, I'm not sure what
you
mean by "low bands". On 160 and 80 meters, you either need verticals or a
lot
of height. A 160 meter rhombic would require 20 to 40 acres of land.

Now are you still sure you want to build rhombics?

Rick N6RK