Old November 20th 04, 04:23 AM
MailfrmPA

Default What's the best Source of Info On Rhombics?

What book/mag article would you recommend as the best "how to " source of info
on rhombics for the low bands? The comming cold dark nights put me in a mind
for dreaming of big antennas. For bedtime reading I don't want a lot of
formulas, just nuts and bolts info

K0MB
Old November 20th 04, 04:43 AM
Cecil Moore

MailfrmPA wrote:
What book/mag article would you recommend as the best "how to " source of info
on rhombics for the low bands?

The ARRL Antenna Book is a good start.
--
73, Cecil, W5DXP

Old November 23rd 04, 10:47 PM
Simone

Have a look here.
http://www.dxzone.com/catalog/Antennas/index.shtml

Arrl antenna book contain many info on it too.

Old November 24th 04, 02:12 PM
Fractenna

Laport

Old November 29th 04, 12:43 AM
Mike Luther

You might have a look at,

MailfrmPA wrote:
What book/mag article would you recommend as the best "how to " source of info
on rhombics for the low bands? The comming cold dark nights put me in a mind
for dreaming of big antennas. For bedtime reading I don't want a lot of
formulas, just nuts and bolts info

K0MB

"Antenna Engineering Handbook", by Hery Jasik - starting at 4.12 - The
topic 4.6 ' Rhombic Antenna in Free Space and go from there in that book.

W5WQN

Mike Luther
Old November 29th 04, 05:46 PM
Rick Karlquist N6RK

MailfrmPA wrote:
What book/mag article would you recommend as the best "how to " source

of info
on rhombics for the low bands? The comming cold dark nights put me in a

mind
for dreaming of big antennas. For bedtime reading I don't want a lot of
formulas, just nuts and bolts info

K0MB

Rhombics are "big" in the physical sense, but you can the same gain in much
less
space with a Yagi, plus much less sidelobe power. Also, I'm not sure what
you
mean by "low bands". On 160 and 80 meters, you either need verticals or a
lot
of height. A 160 meter rhombic would require 20 to 40 acres of land.

Now are you still sure you want to build rhombics?

Rick N6RK