RadioBanter

-   -   Painting ladder line? (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/2657-painting-ladder-line.html)

Bob P November 30th 04 12:58 AM

Painting ladder line?

Does anyone know if painting plastic ladder line will adversely effect it's
properties?
Doing this for camouflage reasons, not because I've lost my mind!
Rustoleum enamel appears to adhere nicely to a test piece.
Bob
kb8tl at yahoo dot com

K9SQG November 30th 04 04:19 AM

It will work as long as you don't use ultra flat black or similar colors that
contain carbon black...

Gary V. Deutschmann, Sr. November 30th 04 02:33 PM

Hi Bob

Painting won't change any of the properties unless the paint contains
metals or heavy carbons.

You might consider Krylon over Rust-Oleum though.
Almost everything I have ever used Rust-Oleum on, it has taken two or
more coats and then it peeled off in many spots within the first few
months.
A number of years ago we painted two commercial lawn mowers, one with
Krylon and the other with Rust-Oleum, both with the same prep before
painting.
We had to repaint the Rust-Oleum painted mower the following year, the
Krylon mower was never repainted, nor did it need it.

TTUL
Gary