Old November 30th 04, 12:58 AM
Bob P

Default Painting ladder line?

Does anyone know if painting plastic ladder line will adversely effect it's
properties?
Doing this for camouflage reasons, not because I've lost my mind!
Rustoleum enamel appears to adhere nicely to a test piece.
Bob
kb8tl at yahoo dot com

Old November 30th 04, 04:19 AM
K9SQG

It will work as long as you don't use ultra flat black or similar colors that
contain carbon black...
Old November 30th 04, 02:33 PM
Gary V. Deutschmann, Sr.

Hi Bob

Painting won't change any of the properties unless the paint contains
metals or heavy carbons.

You might consider Krylon over Rust-Oleum though.
Almost everything I have ever used Rust-Oleum on, it has taken two or
more coats and then it peeled off in many spots within the first few
months.
A number of years ago we painted two commercial lawn mowers, one with
Krylon and the other with Rust-Oleum, both with the same prep before
painting.
We had to repaint the Rust-Oleum painted mower the following year, the
Krylon mower was never repainted, nor did it need it.

TTUL
Gary

ladder line construction methods? Larry Gagnon Antenna 75 July 5th 20 06:31 PM
ladder line position wrt conductors? Larry Gagnon Antenna 3 August 21st 04 05:51 PM
Ladder line question ???? Bob Antenna 2 April 24th 04 04:54 AM
Ladder Line or Coax For Reception only? Walter Antenna 12 October 11th 03 03:16 AM
Complex line Z0: A numerical example Roy Lewallen Antenna 11 September 13th 03 01:04 AM