Old August 20th 03, 01:17 PM
k4wge

Default In the Fractal spirit.... Part II

http://www.ultra-faster-than-light.c...doesitwork.htm

From the website:
================================================== ==============================
Lorentz has defined an absolute function.
But Maxwell didn't state that his laws confirms the absolute property
of space.
Maxwell defined propagation speed of EM wave relative to source.
And he did it long before Einstein has invented his absolute property
of space.
The magnetic field and electric field component in the near field
propagates
with infinite speed. The effect manifests it self in the following
way:
The EM wave's propagation speed is infinite at the center of radiation
(center of radiating antenna) and gradually
decreases into speed of c at the end of near field.
For the magnetic field emitted by coil inductor antenna which is
substantially smaller than the wavelength,
the effect of infinite speed of change of the field gradient shows no
decries throughout the near field range.
As observed in the experiment ( no variation in signal phase with
distance
from the center of coil).
================================================== ==============================
Old August 20th 03, 02:48 PM
Richard Harrison

K4WGE wrote:
"The EM wave`s propagation speed is infinite at the center of radiation,
(center of radiating antenna) and gradually decreases into speed of c at
the end of near field."

Velocity = frequency x wavelength.

The product, frequency x wavelength must be infinite if velocity is
infinite.

Directors and reflectors in parasitic antenna arrays exhibit phase
(time) delays which depend on element spacings and these spacings are
likely within the near field. I`ve never heard of any velocity
corrections to the phasing required by near field immersion.

I`m missing something here.

Best regards, Richard Harrison, KB5WZI

Old August 20th 03, 07:07 PM
Dave Shrader

If the product of 'frequency * wavelength' equals infinity then one of
the terms MUST be INFINITE by definition [Corollary: If both are finite
the product is finite].

So, which one is infinite??? Why is it infinite?? How can you prove it
is infinite?

DD, W1MCE

Old August 20th 03, 07:30 PM
Roy Lewallen

All your base are belong to us!

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

(If this doesn't make any more sense to you than the "explanation"
quoted below, do a web search on the phrase.)

k4wge wrote:
http://www.ultra-faster-than-light.c...doesitwork.htm

From the website:
================================================== ==============================

Old August 20th 03, 09:43 PM
Richard Harrison

Deacon Dave wrote:
"So, which one is infinite?"

Yes. That was my question too.

A velocity change within the near field might produce a shrinking
wavelength as the velocity slows. How far does the near field extend
with an infinite wavelength?

I`ve heard of velocities greater than c, but these are relative. You
have incident and reflected waves on a transmission line and their
velocities, rekative to each other, usually exceed c. In space, c is so
reliable, we use it to measure distance.

Can we now challenge the radar speed traps?

Best regards, Richard Harrison, KB5WZI

Old August 20th 03, 09:57 PM
H. Adam Stevens

I once passed Mandelbrot's office at IBM Watson.
There was only a single picture on the door.
Of Gauss.
H.
NQ5H

"Roy Lewallen" wrote in message
All your base are belong to us!

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

(If this doesn't make any more sense to you than the "explanation"
quoted below, do a web search on the phrase.)

bs deleted
(ain't nothin' faster than c, sorry)

Old August 21st 03, 02:46 PM
Wolfgang K. Meister

Lightspeed? Oh yes, you can show kids that they have 11 fingers!

First grade kid is best.

me:
lets count your fingers. You don't mind if we count up or down?
does it matter?

kid:
no

me:
grabbing one hand of the kid
'OK, let's start. (countings slowly) 10, 9, 8, 7, 6'
'you said, doesn't matter counting up or down?'

kid:
no, does n't matter

me:
ok, let's continue, where did we stop, yeah 6,
(grabbing other hand) hmmm, let's count up now!
(counting fast) 7,8,9,10, 11 - oops, you got 11 fingers?

....faster than speed of light!

73's de Wolfgang OE1MWW