Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 1st 04, 04:58 PM
Ken Bessler

Default What causes this?

I just put up an inverted V for 30 meters.
I started out with each leg being 24'0". This
gave me a low SWR at 9.5665 mhz which
works out to 229.6 instead of the usual 234/F.

As I trimmed, I decided to keep track of how
much I trimmed and what the nnn/F number
would be. As I got closer to my goal of 10.15,
the number went down, eventually ending up
at 227.28/10.1955=22.292' Also, the 2:1 swr
bandwidth went up - it started at 567 kc and
ended up at 655 kc.

Either way, I got the antenna up and it's working
fine - I'm just curious why the formula for length
and the bandwidth changed as the antenna got
shorter.

Ken KG0WX