Old December 24th 04, 06:46 PM
Don S

Default Loop Antennas, Medium Wave - 120m Band

To my delight, I received a Grundig AM/FM/SW radio for Christmas. I have
been wanting a radio like this for some time. Now what I need to do is
construct an external loop antenna because I will be using the radio in my
office and I need to get better reception. The best I can do is locate the
antenna inside the building. Can anyone give me information or steer me to
a good website for loop antenna plans? I'm really most interested in the
medium wave band to 120m band area.

Don

Old December 24th 04, 08:12 PM
RHF

DS,
..
Which model of Grundig AM/FM/SW Radio did you get for Christmas ?
..
READ - Three Different Bands AM/FM/SW and Three Different Antennas
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortw...a/message/1038
..
..
FOR AM/MW AND SHORTWAVE LOOP ANTENNA HELP:
..
* "Loop Antenna Information and Design" Forum {eGroup} on YAHOO !
- Welcome the GCC Loop Antenna Designers and Builders group, this
list is everyone who likes to learn about all bands ELF, VLF, LF,
MF, HF, VHF, and FM broadcast and UHF Loop antennas. Contruction,
tips, help, questions, and websites are welcome to the group.
..
* "SkyWire Loop Antennas" Forum {eGroup} on YAHOO !
- This group is for the Radio Experimenter who wants to Learn and
Exchange their Knowledge and 'secrets' about the SkyWire Loop Antenna.
Learn from fellow group members, just how the SkyWire Loop Antenna
works with your radios and receivers. Here you will find Information
and Data on figuring out how to plan and construct a SkyWire Loop
Antennas to cover all your Longwave (LW), Medium Wave (AM/MW/BCB),
and Shortwave (SW) listening needs. Make a SkyWire Loop Antenna a
great addition to your antenna and radio building projects.
..
* "Ferrite Rod Antenna Experimenters" eGroup on YAHOO !
This eGroup is for the Experimenter who wants to share or know
some secrets about Ferrite Rod Antennas. Also this is the best
eGroup for Loop Antenna Coupler Design, and also figuring out
how many turns to use to receive LW, MW, or even Shortwave
with a Ferrite Rod Antenna design.
..
* "Shortwave SWL Antenna" eGroup on YAHOO !
This focus of this eGroup on YAHOO! is the Shortwave (SW) Antenna;
the Medium Wave (MW) Antenna and the FM Radio Antenna: Theory,
Design, Construction, Use and Application for Shortwave (Radio)
Listeners (SWL) and Medium (Radio) Wave Listeners.
- Medium Wave is better know as the AM Radio Broadcast Band
(BCB) 530-1700 kHz where 'smaller' AM/MW Loop Antennas are use.
- The FM Radio Band (87-108 MHz) because it is Very High Frequency
(VHF) has its own unique Antenna considerations.
..
..
iane ~ RHF
..
All are WELCOME at the Shortwave Listener (SWL) "Antenna Ashram"
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortw...na/message/502
Some Say: On A Clear Day You Can See Forever.
I BELIEVE: On A Clear Night . . .
You Can Hear Forever and Beyond, The BEYOND !
[ With the an AM/MW - FM - SWL Antenna of your own making. ]
..
..

Old December 24th 04, 08:27 PM
RHF

DS - Sorry forgot one of the Loop Antenna eGroups ;-{

"Loop Antenna" Forum {eGroup} on YAHOO !
- Discussion of loop antennas on all bands including ferrite loops,
air core, all types. All bands SHF, VLF, LF, MF, HF, VHF, UHF, etc.
Shortwave, longwave, receivers, transmitters, all fair game here.
..
iane ~ RHF
..
..

Old December 24th 04, 08:43 PM
Don S

I got the S350. Thanx for the links, I'll start checking them out right
now.

Don
"RHF" wrote in message
oups.com...
DS - Sorry forgot one of the Loop Antenna eGroups ;-{

"Loop Antenna" Forum {eGroup} on YAHOO !
- Discussion of loop antennas on all bands including ferrite loops,
air core, all types. All bands SHF, VLF, LF, MF, HF, VHF, UHF, etc.
Shortwave, longwave, receivers, transmitters, all fair game here.
.
iane ~ RHF
.
.

Old December 24th 04, 09:54 PM
RHF

DS,
..
Then You may be interested in Checking-Out the Grundig S350
"Super Radio" Tecsun BCL-2000 eGroup on YAHOO !
..
READ - "About" External Antennas for the Grundig S350 "Super Radio"
Tecsun BCL-2000
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortw...a/message/1786
..
iane ~ RHF
..
..

Old December 25th 04, 04:31 AM
Tim

My only thought is, feed it with balanced line and take the time to
investigate a balanced line tuner, for reception only you can make one
quite easily, you can significantly null noise sources (at times)
and I think for 120m it would enhance the performance.

Tim H