RadioBanter

-   -   Old Wives' Tales & Ground Rods (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/2805-re-old-wives-tales-ground-rods.html)

Cecil Moore December 30th 04 04:36 AM

Old Wives' Tales & Ground Rods

Reg Edwards wrote:
I am at present quite sober, not having imbibed for two days.

Reg, you need to follow the advice given in Proverbs 31:6,7.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

CW December 31st 04 07:03 PM

"Jim Higgins" wrote in message

Odd that the 500K or so of his own citizens that Saddam tortured
and killed during his regime are never mentioned when it comes
time to bash the USA for putting an end to it.

Lots of assholes in the world. Which one should we attack next? Ah, the
modern Crusades.

Reg Edwards January 1st 05 12:20 PM

"Cecil Moore" wrote
Reg, you need to follow the advice given in Proverbs 31:6,7.

============================

My dear old friend Cec,

I don't see the connection. Did you forget the smiley?

;o) ;o)

----
Reg

Reg Edwards January 1st 05 02:04 PM

"Old Ed" wrote -
Reg, this may come as a surprise to you,

=============================

Ed, I judge from from your writing you are an intelligent and educated USA
voter.

The only thing which surprises me is how you manage to confuse slander with
facts.

I take only one point from your message -

The ONLY terrorist attacks on the UK have ALL come from the Irish Republican
Army - financed by charitable USA citizens, the CIA, and indirectly by USA
governments regardless of political views.

Who needs enemies with 'special-relationship' friends like that?

USA citizens have no enemies who wish you harm. But you still suffer from
"Reds Under the Bed." which, like WMD, are non-existent.
----
Reg.

W5DXP January 1st 05 06:30 PM

"Give beer to those who are perishing, wine to those who are in
anguish." Proverbs 31:6

I assumed that without wine, you had to be in anguish. :-)
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Ed Price January 1st 05 06:47 PM

"Reg Edwards" wrote in message

[...]

So Reg, we are paranoid when it comes to "reds under the bed", but we are
unable to recognize "boyos under the bed"? Mr. Orwell would approve of your
doublespeak.

Ed (old, but not The Old)
wb6wsn

Tom Donaly January 1st 05 06:50 PM

W5DXP wrote:
"Give beer to those who are perishing, wine to those who are in
anguish." Proverbs 31:6

I assumed that without wine, you had to be in anguish. :-)
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

In the words of that old song, "I can't get well without muscatel."
73,
Tom Donaly, KA6RUH

Ed Price January 1st 05 07:04 PM

"Tom Donaly" wrote in message
m...
W5DXP wrote:
"Give beer to those who are perishing, wine to those who are in
anguish." Proverbs 31:6

I assumed that without wine, you had to be in anguish. :-)
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

In the words of that old song, "I can't get well without muscatel."
73,
Tom Donaly, KA6RUH

I don't think Reg would imbibe Dago Red or Thunderbird; absinthe is more his
style.

Ed
wb6wsn

H. Adam Stevens, NQ5H January 1st 05 07:32 PM

"W5DXP" wrote in message
oups.com...
"Give beer to those who are perishing, wine to those who are in
anguish." Proverbs 31:6

I assumed that without wine, you had to be in anguish. :-)
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

No Cecil.....
If you're without anguish you can't have any wine.
Unless Reg says so.

73 & Happy 2005
H.

PS and requisite antenna post:

Concrete pour for the tower in Monday at 7AM.
Leveled the base with a laser transit.
The yagi is a 4 element SteppIR, it will be at 50 feet on a 70 foot hill.
Finally! After 42 years of ham radio I get my beam-on-a-tower.

Richard Clark January 1st 05 07:53 PM

On Sat, 1 Jan 2005 13:32:57 -0600, "H. Adam Stevens, NQ5H"
wrote:

Concrete pour for the tower in Monday at 7AM.

Hi OM,

Bond the rebar cage and have a lead to it accessible for an Ufer
ground.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC