Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 3rd 05, 11:37 AM
ml

Default balun at resonance?

hi

i've build a 80 center fed dipole, cut for 80, to use multiband-- fed
via coax.

my goal is to use a balun.

my recomendations so far have been for 1:1 /4:1 and 9:1, got nearly a
equal tally of votes on each

leaves me a bit confused however

lets say i use a 9:1 for example

on 80 my dipole is resonant, therefore should be around 72ohms. lets
presume it is

now w/a 9:1 attached what happens? is this my trade off, ie i become
very ineff at resonance while gaining some better match at the non
resonant points?

thanks