Old December 23rd 20, 08:38 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default [ZS6BNE] RaDAR News - The end of 2020

ZS6BNE's Blog

RaDAR News - The end of 2020

https://zs6bne.wordpress.com/2020/12...e-end-of-2020/

Andre ZS6CO was the first to submit a log for the November 2020 RaDAR
Challenge. Andre worked from home as a fixed station and filled an
important role. He worked three moving RaDAR stations, ZS5AYC, ZS6BNE and
ZS6MSW. This support is what RaDAR operator like to see.

Tjaart ZS3DR ran a mobile station from his Landcruiser. Tjaart enjoyed the
RaDAR movements. He managed to activate seven individual grid locations.

Christi ZS4CGR a supporter of many ham radio activities also joined in on
the RaDAR Challenge. His plan was to travel using his bicycle but I believe
the wind was excessive so he travelled using his bakkie. Christi activated
eight different grid locations.

Andy DL2DVE joined in the RaDAR Challenge again. Andy wrote, For the 7th
Nov 2020 challenge I decided to walk, and selected a few places beforehand
close to my QTH. Main target was to contact other RaDAR operators and to
try R2R DX, so I took with me not only the IC-706 (100W) and the 2m long
(high) Vertical, but also the 10m long vertical EFHW for 20m with a 12m
mast. Spent quite some time to figure out how to contact M0NOM after I left
house without e-mail…Â*Â* Finally we got a very nice R2R QSO on 20m SSB.Â*
Could hear N4KGL on 14.062 with 229…339 with the short antenna – this
motivated me to assemble the large one. It was my priority so I gave up to
walk to the 3rd site.Â* But could not copy Greg at his 2nd stop on 20m SSB
as there was European QRM.Â* Have two sites activated (less than my plan),
but the main target R2R was achieved, with Mark M0NOM/P.Â* Temp was 5 deg C,
no rain. Two deployments, one EU-R2R and one DX-Contact to US, resulting in
60 Points. 3x (2 x 5 +5 +5). 73 Andy DL2DVE

Hoping 2021 will see the dark clouds of 2020 disappearing. 73 and hope to
hear you all on the bands soon.