Old August 29th 03, 05:29 PM
Michalkun

Default Coax cable interferance?

I was wondering if passing a coaxial cable used for antenna very close to
electronics like TV, stereo, etc. will cause some intereferance that could
penetrate inside? I need to run the cable to balcony for my antenna and
electronics are in my way.
Old August 29th 03, 07:09 PM
Paul Landregan

depends on the shielding of the coax.
General rule is there shouldn't be any problem.

.251...

Old August 29th 03, 07:21 PM
Roy Lewallen

You'll only have a problem if you're running a lot of power and the
shielding is poor quality, or if there's current on the outside of the
coax. Current on the outside can be reduced with a "current" or "choke"
balun.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

Michalkun wrote:
I was wondering if passing a coaxial cable used for antenna very close to
electronics like TV, stereo, etc. will cause some intereferance that could
penetrate inside? I need to run the cable to balcony for my antenna and
electronics are in my way.

Indoor Wireless Cable TV Transmission Randy N Antenna 2 August 20th 03 10:37 PM
Length of Coax Affecting Incident Power to Meter? Dr. Slick Antenna 140 August 18th 03 08:17 PM
Coax Cable vs Freqency David Robbins Antenna 9 August 15th 03 04:01 AM
Old coax John Antenna 7 August 14th 03 02:39 AM
50 ohm or 75 ohm cable foe dipole? Tom Sedlack Antenna 7 August 12th 03 02:08 PM