Old September 2nd 03, 12:24 AM
David G. Nagel

Default Laugh of the day

A number of years ago my CAP Ground DF search team tracked a stolen
aircraft ELT (distress beacon) to a shed in a backyard. When the County
Sheriff's Detective arrived he knew the people who lived there. After
talking with the property owner the shed was searched and a quantity of
stolen aircraft parts were found including an actively transmitting ELT.
The detective came out of the shed with a grin on his face that wouldn't
quit. Said this was the easiest case he had ever worked. The ground team
tracked the ELT for several hours following it as the crooks moved their
loot several times.

Dave Nagel, CPT CAP

Cecil Moore wrote:

Foxnews just reported a criminal who stole an active
GPS tracking device. :-) :-) :-)

Old September 2nd 03, 02:05 AM
Yuri Blanarovich

--

Crooks that stole our 2003 Escalade must have been smarter, On-Star didn't help
to track it. They probably disconnected antennas or promptly packed it in the

Ba$tards! Don't take your nice car to Montreal!

Yuri
Old September 2nd 03, 05:55 AM
H. Adam Stevens

I saw on Leno tonight where some thieves stole a boat, ran it aground and
set it on fire.
They were on an island.
73
H.
NQ5H

Old September 3rd 03, 01:19 AM
Joe Strain

THAT will DEFINITELY be one selected by the John-Boy and Billy Show
"Dumb CROOK NEWS"

YODAR

"Cecil Moore"
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp