Old July 12th 03, 12:28 AM
GS

Default Beam question - roof mounted??

How effective will a Mosley TA-33 be mounted on a small tripod on
a second story roof? 20 - 25 feet above ground, about 6 feet
above the roof? I'm mostly interested in 20 meters.

Thanks

Dave WB7AWK

Old July 12th 03, 01:01 AM
Dan/W4NTI

It will do alright. You will not get the 'long haul low angle' stuff, but
you will do fine. Stick it up there and enjoy what you can do.

Dan/W4NTI

news.com...

Old July 12th 03, 02:38 AM
Tarmo Tammaru

At my old house I had a TA33JR at 29 feet. Made contacts all over the world
on 20 meter SSB using 100W. Worked even better on 10 &15.

Tam/WB2TT
news.com...

Old July 12th 03, 07:53 AM
Mark Keith

"GS" wrote in message tnews.com...
How effective will a Mosley TA-33 be mounted on a small tripod on
a second story roof? 20 - 25 feet above ground, about 6 feet
above the roof? I'm mostly interested in 20 meters.

Thanks

Dave WB7AWK

Using my beam at field day, they made 700 and some odd?? 20m CW qso's
with it up only 30 ft or so. It'll work and still have the ??? gain
over a dipole at that same particular height. In some cases, the low
beams will have as good or sometimes even better, medium distance
signals than the high beams. But like one said, for real long haul dx
at low angles, like 20m at night, the higher the better. You will
still work dx though even at 20-25 ft. MK