Old September 24th 03, 06:04 AM
Ryan, KC8PMX

Default Reflections on rrap

Well, that's pretty sad. I guess you're overlooking the fact that a
person's
online "personality" can be quite different than what one would experience
in person, since the written word, particularly in a virtually immediate

forum
such as Usenet, is, indeed, quite impersonal by nature. Moreover, your
expression of a lack of desire to meet with certain members of this forum
could cause all the rest, even those not included on your list, to not

wish
to meet with you.

All we are here is merely a typeset or font! Until I either talk to the
person in person, on the phone or over the air, all of these people here are
merely fictional characters in my book. No way to really prove it is even
them posting for that matter, and I take most negative comments with a grain
of salt in that matter. To me it is purely entertainment, with the rare,
occasional educational value to it.

I would jump at any chance to meet any and all of the regulars in this
newsgroup, for no better reason than to see what they are really like in
person. I think that even Len Anderson could prove to be a quite affable
chap, given a chance to get to know him better. I may be wrong, but
at least I'm willing to take that chance. I would like to think that

given
the opportunity, your curiosity would ultimately get the upper hand over
your stated objections. If not, one could quite legitimately call your
character into question, at a level far deeper than anything ever said
in this forum.

I would agree as well, because after sitting down and actually chatting with
all of these people, we might actually find out that some of these people
are not really as bad as we think. At least we then could say we actually
"have gotten to know" each other and not just see them for the way in which
they communicate here, which may not necessarily be the way they are in
person. Can you imagine that even Brucie might actually be a decent person
in real life? Hell, anything is possible.

I had another idea, of which I thought would be cool..... Since we all need
to practice on message handling/sending, I think it would be cool to get
some type of message traffic going with RRAP people as the participants.
The only problem I have is, with sending message traffic, everything I have
learned from "old school" hams is that you MUST have a phone number included
with the message traffic. I personally do not wish to have my number go
through the system which now is a cellphone number, as opposed to a landline
number. Am I wrong in my information that within a messagegram that you
MUST include a phone number????

If I am not wrong, anyone feel like sharing traffic ?? Send your interest
and contact info that you wish to use to my email address of kc8pmxNO JUNK
OR (remove the NO JUNK OR SPAM to reply.) I definitely
can always use the practice, and what the hell, it might actually be fun!

--
Ryan, KC8PMX
FF1-FF2-MFR-(pending NREMT-B!)