Old September 26th 03, 12:20 PM
Neoklis

Default Porting NEC2 Fortran->C, need help

Hi all,

For better or worse I have decided to port NEC2 from fortran to C (on
a Linux machine but should be easy to port to other platforms if/when
I succeed). I am porting mostly by hand (with help from some Unix
power tools) but not using f2c because already there is such a port,
but its buggy and won't compile. In any case, I want a clean C code
with no GOTO's as far as possible and a better structure, so that it
can be hacked and improved as necessary.

The original Fortran code is very messy with aprox. 960 GOTOs, many
arithmetic conditionals, indexed jumps etc and to replace all these
with a clean code is proving extremely difficult and prone to errors.
I would like to complete this project but I need help in testing the
resulting C source. Mainly, I need a way to check that the goto-less
flowcharts are functionally identical to the original GOTO labyrinths
and I can only do this by feeding the C program with a test suit of
input files and comparing with output files known to be correct.

More specifically, I need a way to test that the Main function is
responding correctly to the various combinations of program control
flags, as at this time its the only function I hacked out of goto's
etc (bar 2 that won't go away!), so I would be greateful for any
urls/info etc for any test files or other procedures to test NEC2.

PLEASE NOTE that my email is now neoklisk_AT_cytanet_dot_com_dot_cy.

My thanks in advance and 73's to all.