RadioBanter

-   -   Yaesu ATAS 120 (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/500-yaesu-atas-120-a.html)

Ed Findley September 26th 03 05:06 PM

Yaesu ATAS 120

Has anyone tried this antenna as a base station ant? If so how did you
mount it.

Thanks
Ed Findley

Daniel FY1FV October 1st 03 06:35 PM

Ed,
I's bought an ATAS 100 recently to install it on my car (Renault Kangoo).
It's a VERY good antenna IF you have a VERY good ground. So, on my car, I'd
built an adapter to the rear rod with 2 large (flat) copper wires "grounded"
on the both sides of the roof. I tried to install the ATAS on the roof of my
house which is corrugated iron: with a magnetic socket AND a short wire
connected to the roof, It's better than an horizontal dipole!
73's
Daniel