Old September 29th 03, 12:13 AM
stefano

Default EH antenna, FCC certification is arrived

Hello,

After sometime ,I am here again to inform all the Om community interested
about the last news on the EH antenna.
The antenna was tested, following the FCC rules ,by Stu Graham a important
broadcasting engineer.
For any news and to read any data on it (including the complete report from
the consultant) please go he
http://www.eh-antenna.com/AM_Broadcast.htm

Please read all the docs related.

Three years ago I put on this forum a special announce about this important
discovery.
Now we can publish all the evidences we were right.
There is no doubt, the so called "EH mode " is real and alive.
During the test the antenna was installed at about 1/10 of a wavelenght .
On this position alomst equalled (only -0.4 db) a perfect 1/4 standard tower
with 120 radials.
The real important feature is we can trade height for gain.
When the antenna is installed at 1/4 wav. it shows a 2.5 db of gain ( yes ,
GAIN for a ground wave over a standard tower)

very high efficiency
very large bandwidth
very compact size

For the ham applications a new era is approaching. Antennas on 40, 80 or 160
metres are very small on size, showing the same or better efficiency over a
standard full size vertical dipole.

I wanted just share this great news with all interested people.
My best 73's
Stefano IK5IIR

Old September 29th 03, 06:39 AM
Richard Clark

On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 23:13:18 GMT, "stefano" wrote:

When the antenna is installed at 1/4 wav.

very compact size

Hi Stefano,

Note any contradictions here? Ever really look at a picture of one?
You claim you build them for a cost, so naturally you have no
pecuniary interest in misinformation, n'est pas?

very high efficiency

Higher than the same 1/4 radiator that its compact size replaces?

Geeze, a new moon and more nuts falling in this group than would be
expected.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC
Old September 29th 03, 08:23 AM
Richard Clark

On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 23:13:18 GMT, "stefano" wrote:

The antenna was tested, following the FCC rules ,by Stu Graham a important
broadcasting engineer.

Hi Stefano,

Others may reference URL
http://www.eh-antenna.com/documents/EHANTENNA_proof.pdf

I note that in photograph found on page 27 of 29 that the "reference"
antenna is close enough to fall on the eh antenna. I also note that
the engineer speculates that this structure was not isolated enough
from the eh tests as it is demonstrated in the single radiation chart
that was conducted within 6 wavelengths of the test antenna (page 25).

I also note that the antenna tower (yes folks, a common tower)
supporting the supposed antenna has guying that is not broken up with
insulators (plainly in view for the reference antenna in the
background). Top loading, how convenient.

When we actually look at the data (starting on page 7) and stepping
back from the antenna 10 Miles (a reasonable distance to evaluate the
far field) we see that both charts and tables of data for the eh fall
dismally below the reference.

The page of data called FCC figure 8 reveals that at 10Miles (actually
9.43 Miles) that the eh, tower, and top-hat are -4.24dB from the
reference and -15dB from FCC standard curve. The chart marked Exhibit
#1B (page 8) shows that further out at 20 Miles that the eh, tower,
and top-hat are -26.6dB from the FCC standard curve.

Continuing on through the remaining data does nothing to pull the eh
out of the toilet.

However, none of this means anything if the radio station that hosted
this test does not buy one. After all, they are a commercial
enterprise and if they want the additional efficiency within a couple
of wavelengths at the cost of 10 to 30dB coverage outside of the
block, they can certainly let economics rule that decision.

Perhaps I read the data out of order, or the charts upside down.
Please advise.

Have they placed an order for this cheap, efficient, low antenna?

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC
Old September 29th 03, 09:00 AM
Mark Keith

"stefano" wrote in message ...
Hello,

After sometime ,I am here again to inform all the Om community interested
about the last news on the EH antenna.
The antenna was tested, following the FCC rules ,by Stu Graham a important
broadcasting engineer.
For any news and to read any data on it (including the complete report from
the consultant) please go he
http://www.eh-antenna.com/AM_Broadcast.htm

Please read all the docs related.

I saw nothing to read but a bunch of useless jibber jabber, and silly
claims. Where's the beef? MK
Old September 29th 03, 11:44 AM
Ed Price

"stefano" wrote in message
Hello,

After sometime ,I am here again to inform all the Om community interested
about the last news on the EH antenna.
The antenna was tested, following the FCC rules ,by Stu Graham a important
broadcasting engineer.

Uhhh, what FCC "rule" describes antenna testing?

Ed
WB6WSN

Old September 29th 03, 12:37 PM
stefano

Hello,
I thought it was useful add here some words from Ted:
--------------
THE FOLLOWING IS A SUMMARY: The test report shows there were 15 measurements
at various distances out to 10 miles from the antenna on each of 6 radials.
Then the data is plotted to show that there is some directivity due to local
interference (power lines). Finally, a RMS value of all data points presents
a value of 0.4 dB less than the standard AM Broadcast antenna. That value is
then used in the News Release and plotted on a curve to show that even
though the center of the EH antenna is at 0.1 wavelengths, the radiation is
only 0.4 dB less than a standard 1/4 wavelength tower with 120 radials. The
curve also shows that if the center of the EH Antenna is raised to 1/4
wavelength, the radiation from it would exceed that from the standard tower
by more than 2 dB.

For the AM Broadcaster, the primary benefit is that he can have an antenna
that does not require any ground. He can even locate the antenna on top a
building. We are currently developing a free standing antenna that will only
require enough ground for a base. The end user (the Broadcaster) has no
interest in the latest technology, he only wants to make money. For those
that have a station, in most cases he can sell the land his antenna is now
on, install an EH Antenna on a small plot, then sell the existing land and
put money in his pocket. For those that want to build a new station, the
land cost has been prohibitive - until now.

Ted

,

Old September 29th 03, 03:33 PM
'Doc

Stefano,
There appear to be a lot of "if's" in the 'certification',
and more conjecture than measured fact. Like most (should
say ~all~) press releases, this one can be used on gardens to
increase the growth rate. Just remember to wash the produce
carefully before use.
'Doc
Old September 29th 03, 05:17 PM
Richard Clark

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 11:37:53 GMT, "stefano" wrote:

Hello,
I thought it was useful add here some words from Ted:

Hi Stefano,

You forgot to include that the eh is down, -10 to -30 dB from FCC
station field measurements:
http://www.eh-antenna.com/documents/EHANTENNA_proof.pdf
All the while requiring a tower and top hat to perform so poorly.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC
Old September 29th 03, 07:55 PM
stefano

Hi Doc and all,
I think you don't want read the document.
is not a press release.
Please ask to Mr. Graham
He can answer any question
Stefano

Old September 29th 03, 08:34 PM
Richard Clark

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 18:55:51 GMT, "stefano" wrote:
Hi Doc and all,
I think you don't want read the document.
is not a press release.
Please ask to Mr. Graham
He can answer any question
Stefano

Hi Stefano,
I think you haven't read the document.
what you describe is press release.
Please read
http://www.eh-antenna.com/documents/EHANTENNA_proof.pdf
which shows poor performance
73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC

Ten-tec vee beam Tom Coates Antenna 8 September 21st 03 12:47 AM
Compact HF antenna (RX-only) for reference in antenna tests? Crazy George Antenna 4 September 4th 03 05:32 PM
Off Center Fed Dipole: Windom HSQ Charles Wittnam Antenna 8 September 2nd 03 01:25 AM
Mobile Antenna Question Richard Clark Antenna 3 August 23rd 03 08:07 PM
50 Ohms "Real Resistive" impedance a Misnomer? Dr. Slick Antenna 255 July 29th 03 11:24 PM