Old October 8th 03, 07:22 PM
Ron

Default EZNEC question

I'm trying to model an antenna that starts with the "vert1.ez" descripton
(included with the program)and adds one additional wire that runs parallel to
and within 1/4 inch from the original wire but is insulated from it on end 2 and
is connected to it on end 1. The added wire is twice as long as the original. I
want to model it at the original frequency (7 MHz)and also at one half the
original frequency.

The idea is to have a quarter wave 40 meter vertical running parallel with a
quarter wave 80 meter vertical. Both are fed from the same source on the ground
end. The 80 meter ant. should be a half wave at 40 meters and present a high Z
back at the source on 40 meters. The 40 meter ant. should be a one eighth wave
at 80 meters and present a capacitive Z back at the source on 80 meters. I'm
wondering if such a antenna would be useful on both frequencies. I'm guessing
the capacitive reactance of the 40 meter would screw up the swr on the 80 meter.

But the problem is I get an "unknown error" pop up message when I try to run the
program. Any help would be appreciated.

Ron W4TQT

Old October 8th 03, 09:11 PM
Roy Lewallen

Please email the description (.EZ) file containing the model to me so I
can take a look at it.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL