Old October 16th 03, 08:42 PM
Robert Scott

Default To slope or not to sloper?

I need to get on 30m. I only have about 50 confirmed on this band. My
question is should I put up a dipole at 50 feet boadside to EU or wouldn't I
be better to slope it toward Europe for DX?
Any opinions would be appreciated!
73
Rob
WR3Y/4

Old October 17th 03, 12:38 PM
KC1DI

On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 15:42:59 -0400, "Robert Scott"
wrote:

I need to get on 30m. I only have about 50 confirmed on this band. My
question is should I put up a dipole at 50 feet boadside to EU or wouldn't I
be better to slope it toward Europe for DX?
Any opinions would be appreciated!
73
Rob
WR3Y/4

Hi Rob,
30 M is my favorite band and I've worked qrp Dxcc twice now on that
band. I would say your best bet is to go with the dipole 50 feet is
just abput right for 30m.. But with that said i would also say you
should put up a vertical so that you can switch between the two
antennas quickly.. you will find that the vertical will at times work
better.. I find this particularly true when working Africa and the
south pacific. Anywat you'll up that country total in no time with
that arrangement. 73 See you on 30M Dave , KC1DI

P.S. Also pay particual attention if you can to the 1hr just before
sundown and the hour just after sunrise .. I've worked some great dx
in those two hours of the day.