Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 26th 05, 01:11 AM
W9DMK

On 25 Jan 2005 16:21:57 -0800, "art" wrote:

My understanding of antenna modeling is that sharp corners or
connecting points should be avoided as they can create errors.
The question I ask is what constitutes a sharp angle ?
I am assuming that it is the capacitance at the connection is the
problem. If so
is the corner of a quad a problem or is a delta feed point on a dipole
a problem ?
I see many instances of quads being modeled and also " V" wire antennas
each without a correcting "gusset" at the corners. So when is an angle
termed to be sharp?
Regards
Art

When it is at a current maximum. At a voltage maximum it's irrelevant.
Just my opinion.

Bob, W9DMK, Dahlgren, VA
Replace "nobody" with my callsign for e-mail
http://www.qsl.net/w9dmk
http://zaffora/f2o.org/W9DMK/W9dmk.html