RadioBanter

-   -   fiberglass mast (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/63619-fiberglass-mast.html)

ml February 5th 05 02:33 PM

fiberglass mast

does anyone know a good place that sells fiberglass mast

i need a 5ft section approx 1 1/2in tv mast style

tnx

Jim Phelps February 5th 05 03:31 PM

"ml" wrote in message
does anyone know a good place that sells fiberglass mast

i need a 5ft section approx 1 1/2in tv mast style

tnx

Have you tried Cubex? www.cubex.com They make Quads and sell fiberglass
spreaders and have a boom listed for 44.95. It's 13' however. Contacting
them may be helpful as they may have a crushed/broken mast where 5' or so is
good and sell it to you to recover some of the loss.

K9SQG February 5th 05 05:06 PM

Allan at Max Gain Systems is #1 in my book. I've bought several things from
him.

Tam/WB2TT February 6th 05 05:31 PM

"ml" wrote in message
does anyone know a good place that sells fiberglass mast

i need a 5ft section approx 1 1/2in tv mast style

tnx

Do you really need fiberglass? I lookled at a 6 foot piece of white plastic
water pipe, and it is quite rigid. It had been used as an antenna mast. My
piece is about 1-3/4 OD.

Tam/WB2TT