Old March 5th 05, 03:27 AM
ml

Default close antennas

well today i finished putting my dipole up

it's a center fed 25ft hot side 40ft approx rfgnd side.

at the base of a mast (5ft) i have a sgc237 tuner feeding 5ft of
450ladder (to the dipole)

with lmr400 (150ft run) one for hf one for 2/440 and one 8conductor
18ga control ccable for tuner

unfortunately i am about 4-5ft away from the building master
antenna--had no choice here

I did put a pro tvi filter just before the master tv ant amp by ice

Seems using about 20watt i can tx from 160-6m w/o any problem w/ 2
exceptions i noticed on a quick test

**1) i have 2 tvs a 'good' sony and a old toshiba , on 20m cheep
set will loose a little color when i tx it kinda makes bright red
for ex. into a dull red (all colors).

using a set side radio shack tv filter(back of tv) didn't help seems
to barley effect 4-11 but 2 and 13 are most effected on my cheep set

this practically had no effect on the 'good'sony

note: i have good grounds and lightning protectors inline and on my
rig, (both rig side) .. i also have a w2du balun near the sgc237 and i
also tried a drake tvi filter by my rig guess it's the 54mhz cut off
kind (didn't help)

***2 on ten meters I whipe out ch2 herring bone fuzz both sets
again filters set side didn't help

I also tried a drake hf tvi filter on my rig no effect

it's a bit strange i seem ok on 6m thought for certain i'd blow there
but we all know 10m can also cauz a bit of tvi

question:
anyone have any ideas how i might be able to reduce/elim the prob on 20
as it seems small,, and perhaps someone smarter than i might also have
a few tips for clearing up 10m

i guess having most bands but two isn't bad,

thanks all