RadioBanter

-   -   Opinion about MFJ's loop antennas (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/66349-opinion-about-mfjs-loop-antennas.html)

brane March 9th 05 02:54 AM

Opinion about MFJ's loop antennas

I would like to know if anyone had any experience with MFJ's Super High Q
Loop Antenna, model MFJ-1786? I live in a restricted housing community and
was wondering if this is a recommended antenna for installing in an attic to
run HF from 80 M to 10 M with around 100 Watts.

Or, is there another wideband (80 M to 10 M) HF attic antenna recommended? I
have an square attic space of 15' X 15' by 7' high.

Thanks,

Tony S.

Irv Finkleman March 9th 05 08:32 PM

"brane" wrote in message
I would like to know if anyone had any experience with MFJ's Super High
Q Loop Antenna, model MFJ-1786? I live in a restricted housing community
and was wondering if this is a recommended antenna for installing in an
attic to run HF from 80 M to 10 M with around 100 Watts.

It won't run 80m however the 15 x 15 loop fed with an autotuner sounds
like a good bet.

Irv VE6BP

--
Diagnosed Type II Diabetes March 5 2001