Old March 9th 05, 02:54 AM
brane

Default Opinion about MFJ's loop antennas

I would like to know if anyone had any experience with MFJ's Super High Q
Loop Antenna, model MFJ-1786? I live in a restricted housing community and
was wondering if this is a recommended antenna for installing in an attic to
run HF from 80 M to 10 M with around 100 Watts.

Or, is there another wideband (80 M to 10 M) HF attic antenna recommended? I
have an square attic space of 15' X 15' by 7' high.

Thanks,

Tony S.

Old March 9th 05, 08:32 PM
Irv Finkleman

"brane" wrote in message
I would like to know if anyone had any experience with MFJ's Super High
Q Loop Antenna, model MFJ-1786? I live in a restricted housing community
and was wondering if this is a recommended antenna for installing in an
attic to run HF from 80 M to 10 M with around 100 Watts.

It won't run 80m however the 15 x 15 loop fed with an autotuner sounds
like a good bet.

Irv VE6BP

--
Diagnosed Type II Diabetes March 5 2001

HF Loop Antennas jimbo Antenna 5 February 21st 05 11:40 PM
Shielded loop antennas, one last time Joel Kolstad Antenna 7 November 12th 04 07:54 AM
The "TRICK" to TV 'type' Coax Cable [Shielded] SWL Loop Antennas {RHF} RHF Antenna 27 November 3rd 04 01:38 PM
The "TRICK" to TV 'type' Coax Cable [Shielded] SWL Loop Antennas {RHF} RHF Shortwave 23 November 3rd 04 01:38 PM
Loop Antennas as an Art Form and American Craftsmanship RHF Shortwave 0 February 2nd 04 04:42 PM