Old July 16th 03, 07:34 AM
OK1SIP

Default HAMCALC version 65

"T.E.O" wrote in message hlink.net...
Has anyone downloaded HAMCALC version 65 from the QST website & actually got
it to work?

Hi, download the 66 version, it seems to run O.K.

BR Ivan OK1SIP
Old July 16th 03, 12:29 PM
Wolfgang K. Meister

On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 20:03:07 GMT, "T.E.O"
wrote:

When I do a RUN: VE3ERP, I get the message "You can not SHELL to BASIC"

I am not 100% sure if this is the solution - but HAMCALC wants the
..bat file in the root directory, so in your case it's C:\

I have installed it in a directory and use the following .bat file to
call it:

echo off
cls
subst y: f:\hamcalc
y:
cd\
gwbasic \hamcalc\prog\intro
subst y: /d
f:
cd\hamcalc

as you see, I am 'subst'ituting the Y: drive with the existing
F:\HAMCALC In this directory ist the .bat file

Attention: under this f:\HAMCALC is another HAMCALC, so it's
F:\HAMCALC

\HAMCALC
\ (here are all the other dirs)

Is the GWBASIC.EXE either in the root directory or anywhere in one of
the directories with a pointer by the 'path' environment variable ?

73's

Wolfgang
OE1MWW