Old November 3rd 03, 03:21 PM
Cecil Moore

Roy Lewallen wrote:
Yes, I disagree with that.

Then you disagree with Balanis.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Old November 3rd 03, 08:14 PM
Roy Lewallen

I don't have Balanis. Can you provide a short quote where he states that
the current at the terminals of a two-terminal lumped component are unequal?

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

Old November 3rd 03, 08:54 PM
Cecil Moore

Roy Lewallen wrote:
I don't have Balanis. Can you provide a short quote where he states that
the current at the terminals of a two-terminal lumped component are
unequal?

He doesn't use lumped components and probably for good reason. But here's
the quote that allows my analysis. "Standing wave antennas, such as the
dipole, can be analyzed as traveling wave antennas with waves propagating
in opposite directions (forward and backward) and represented by traveling
wave currents 'If' and 'Ib' in Figure 10.1(a)." This means that net total
current equals If+Ib.

The fact that the feedpoint current occurs at a current maximum point ties
both ends down. 'If' must traverse 90 degrees and 'Ib' must traverse 90
degrees in addition to the 180 degree phase shift due to reflection from
the open end. Besides the coil, an 8' whip gives about 22 degrees phase
shift in a round trip. Adding the 180 degree phase shift due to the open
end reflection gives 202 degrees. But we know the phase shift is actually
360 degrees. Where can the additional 158 degrees of phase shift
come from except from the coil?

Center-loaded mobile antennas are still an electrical 1/4 wavelength. If
there's no phase shift through the coil, where's the missing 158 degrees
of phase shift taking place?
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Old November 3rd 03, 11:11 PM
David Robbins

Cecil Moore wrote:
Roy Lewallen wrote:

Cecil Moore wrote:
Roy Lewallen wrote:

Cecil Moore wrote:
Roy Lewallen wrote:

Cecil Moore wrote:
Roy Lewallen wrote:

Cecil Moore wrote:
Roy Lewallen wrote:

Cecil Moore wrote:
Roy Lewallen wrote:

Cecil Moore wrote:
Roy Lewallen wrote:

Cecil Moore wrote:
Roy Lewallen wrote:

Cecil Moore wrote:
Roy Lewallen wrote:

Cecil Moore wrote:
Roy Lewallen wrote:

Cecil Moore wrote:
Roy Lewallen wrote:

Cecil Moore wrote:

Old November 4th 03, 12:28 AM
Cecil Moore

David Robbins wrote:

Cecil Moore wrote:
Roy Lewallen wrote:

So what's the answer, Dave? Is there a current phase shift through a mobile
antenna loading coil or not? Seems to me, if a coil can propagate the current
phase in zero time, that is faster than light operation.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Old November 4th 03, 12:36 AM
Roy Lewallen

I'm sorry. If I'm bothering the readers, I'll be glad to bow out.

My postings aren't really directed to Cecil -- I know much better than
to imagine that I'll ever change his mind, and I'm a firm believer in
not wasting time on things I can't change.

No, you and the other readers are really the audience, and the whole
reason for the postings. If you and the other readers would rather I
shut up, I'll be more than happy to spend my time at more productive
pursuits.

Just let me know.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

David Robbins wrote:
Cecil Moore wrote:

Roy Lewallen wrote:

Cecil Moore wrote:

Roy Lewallen wrote:

Cecil Moore wrote:

Roy Lewallen wrote:

Cecil Moore wrote:

Roy Lewallen wrote:

Cecil Moore wrote:

Roy Lewallen wrote:

Cecil Moore wrote:

Roy Lewallen wrote:

Cecil Moore wrote:

Roy Lewallen wrote:

Cecil Moore wrote:

Roy Lewallen wrote:

Cecil Moore wrote:

Roy Lewallen wrote:

Cecil Moore wrote:

Roy Lewallen wrote:

Cecil Moore wrote:

Roy Lewallen wrote:

Cecil Moore wrote:

Old November 4th 03, 02:24 AM
Jack Smith

On Mon, 03 Nov 2003 16:36:59 -0800, Roy Lewallen
wrote:

I'm sorry. If I'm bothering the readers, I'll be glad to bow out.

My postings aren't really directed to Cecil -- I know much better than
to imagine that I'll ever change his mind, and I'm a firm believer in
not wasting time on things I can't change.

No, you and the other readers are really the audience, and the whole
reason for the postings. If you and the other readers would rather I
shut up, I'll be more than happy to spend my time at more productive
pursuits.

Just let me know.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

Roy:

You and a handfull others are on my "must read" list. Keep up the good
work!

Jack K8ZOA

Old November 4th 03, 03:39 PM
KeyBoard In The Wilderness

Roy and Cecil -- I find your posts most informative -- ignore the flack.
Keep up the good work -- valuable sources

--
73 From The Keyboard
===============

David Robbins wrote:
Cecil Moore wrote:

Roy Lewallen wrote:

Cecil Moore wrote:

Roy Lewallen wrote:

Cecil Moore wrote:

Roy Lewallen wrote:

Cecil Moore wrote:

Roy Lewallen wrote:

Cecil Moore wrote:

Roy Lewallen wrote:

Cecil Moore wrote:

Roy Lewallen wrote:

Cecil Moore wrote:

Roy Lewallen wrote:

Cecil Moore wrote:

Roy Lewallen wrote:

Cecil Moore wrote:

Roy Lewallen wrote:

Cecil Moore wrote:

Roy Lewallen wrote:

Cecil Moore wrote:

Roy Lewallen wrote:

Cecil Moore wrote:

Old November 4th 03, 12:54 AM
Mike Coslo

David Robbins wrote:
Cecil Moore wrote:

Roy Lewallen wrote:

Aww Dave! Cecil, Dave and a few others here serve as both education and
somethimes entertainment. Go with the flow, learn something and when you
get tired stop reading the thread.

It's all good, man!

Smith Chart Quiz Radio913 Antenna 315 October 21st 03 05:31 AM
Eznec modeling loading coils? Roy Lewallen Antenna 11 August 18th 03 02:40 AM