Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 21st 05, 05:18 PM
Jerry Martes

Default Parabolic reflector for Wi-Fi?

"Nigel M" wrote in message
I've been looking to make a linear parabolic reflector for Wi-Fi, I've
found quite a few sources, such as:

http://www.genericgeek.com/index.php?q=node/280

http://www.freeantennas.com/projects...te2/index.html

Those I've found all give templates for a parabola, but without any
explanation as to why they have chosen that *particular* parabola, or
the formula used to draw it. As a result, the drawings are a bit
"sketchy" to say the least!

I know radio amateurs are often knowledgeable on antennae, so I thought
this was a good place to ask. I'd like to know a bit more theory, and
the pros and cons of various parabolic shapes.

--
Nigel M
"Occam's razor is not always sharp"

Nigel

I've been gathering parts so I can make a WiFi site. I dont know enough
about wireless to offer any help with that part. But, I do have some
experience with parabloic antennas. Contact me thru my E-mail if you are
interested in trading thoughts.

Jerry