Old March 27th 05, 08:13 PM
Richard Clark

On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 18:59:42 GMT, "
wrote:

the problem:
My antenna is somewhat related thus my interest in what creates an elongated lobe

the answer:
which is formed using Yagi principles.

Hi Art,

Your question already answers your question. You have a tendency to
just blow right on taking no notice of this to create the SAME
question again:
The question however, is specifically related to Yagi's
and its narrowed lobes.
Do you know what it is that creats an elongated lobe
on a high gain yagi i.e not totally round.?

formed using Yagi principles. (to quote you)
Nothing more, nothing less.

Exactly.

Now, are we going to be treated by another round of your complaints
about Shakespeare and the quality of gurus; or are you going to stick
with technical discussion and respond to the obvious points?

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC
Old March 27th 05, 08:53 PM

Richard.
No one has come up with a explanation BUT there are real gurus out there,
It's just that those who qualify as gurus have just thinned out a bit.
The question still pertains to Yagis and the narrowing of lobes
You have posted twice now and added nothing that relates to a possible
answer.
Tho there are many who perceive themselves as experts and then consistently
show
what they really are. I can think of one or two who can really address this
question
with a logical answer. Cecil, Roy and a couple of others qualify and have
yet to respond
You have disqualified yourself based on your responses, so like myself you
will have to wait to learn. Yagi's have been studied in depth and for many
years by many
tho apparently not by you or others that have replied so far.
Place your bets on who is the real guru of this group that comes forward
to explain with logic and to the point You Richard, can read your old QST's
in a hurry
and surely find the answer to get back into the ratings as I don't think
that new
knoweledge is around the bend, just a small manipulation of "old" knoweledge
will
surely suffice. Think "end effect" and "none- resistive residuals" along
coupled radiating
elements for starters.If that draws a blank then assuredly you wear no
clothes

Art

Old March 28th 05, 02:39 AM
Richard Clark

On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 19:53:44 GMT, "
wrote:

No one has come up with a explanation

Hi Art,

As usual, I see you simply enjoy posting without corresponding.
C'mon, it is more than obvious you have no interest in any explanation
other than your own.

Roy and a couple of others qualify and have yet to respond

You've spit on them so much that is hardly surprising - is it?

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC
Old March 28th 05, 03:40 AM

Not so. If I cannot accept an answer that I figure to be unreasonable then I
do not accept them. In Roy's case I accept
the majority of his explanations, but not all. In your case you come up with
many knoweledgable explanations
on various facets of science ,but in general, you concentrate more in
attacking others opinions with out supplying corrections
I say this only where your posts are clear and not smattered with relatively
unused words where a shorter one would suffice How ever those are in the
minority.
If I do not concurr with any explanation offerred .in no way does this
suggest that I am spitting on the individual and thus treating him with
disrespect. In your case you treat me in disrespect which as far as I am
concerned requires reciprical treatment. You ask for it and you will get it
from me without retreat On the other hand respect demands respect, your
choice as I am now americanised for retaliation without regard to common
courtesy as per the Britts

Old March 28th 05, 08:23 AM
Richard Clark

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 02:40:38 GMT, "
wrote:
If I cannot accept an answer that I figure to be unreasonable then I
do not accept them.

Hi Art,

This is your standard line of bull****. Don't blame Shakespeare for
this standard offering of anglo-saxon clarity.

The simple answer to your question was already revealed in your
question which offered in part:
is formed using Yagi principles.
Nothing more, nothing less.

Exactly.

I know this may come as a shock to you, but the obvious problem is
that you have absolutely no understanding of just what
Yagi principles.

means and you refuse to go there. If you want to make this a 12 step
Shakespearian comedy, keep ignoring the elephant in your living room.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC