Old October 30th 03, 09:17 PM
luis

Default harness

hi , I want a harness for two antennas 1/2 wave 87.5 mz.
In Honduras ,my country,is impossible to find any documentation.Can somebody
help me w/some documentation or information? tks
pd :the two antennas are dipoles w/gamma match.

Old October 31st 03, 12:55 AM
G.Beat

"luis" wrote in message
hi , I want a harness for two antennas 1/2 wave 87.5 mz.
In Honduras ,my country,is impossible to find any documentation.Can

somebody
help me w/some documentation or information? tks
pd :the two antennas are dipoles w/gamma match.

Luis -

An ARRL Antenna or RSGB VHF/UHF Handbook is loaded with the information you
desire.

You require information on stacking 2 antennas (since the distance apart is
critical)
and building the phase lines (whose length is critical) to connect to these
2 antennas from the transmitter's coax.
http://www.ifwtech.co.uk/g3sek/#dxbk

This information can be found in most VHF antenna books OR web sites devoted
antennas or transmission lines. [G.J.McDonald, VK2ZAB]
http://www.grantronics.com.au/docs/StkYagis.pdf

Since 87.5 MHz is an the low end of the commercial FM broadcast band - I
assume that this
is for some type of broadcast station. Antennas and harnesses cut to a
specific frequency are available
from any commercial FM broadcast antenna mfg -- but I assume that this is a
"no or low budget" operation OR
for educational purposes.

Good luck

w9gb