Old November 2nd 03, 01:35 AM
Todjk

Default "Non-Evasive" Antenna Mount for 2003 Chevy Blazer

I am needing to find a "non-evasive" (no drilling) solution for
mounting a 144/440 mobile antenna in my 2003 Chevy Blazer.

I am trying to see if there is some kind of solution that does not
involve magnetic roof mounts.

Does a mount exist where the mount clamps to either the glass or the
metal of the rear hatch of the Blazer?

Any advice is appreciated.

Todd N9ZWY
Old November 2nd 03, 01:50 AM
AA

"non-evasive"

Think you mean "non-invasive"?? "Non-evasive" is what you should be when the
blue lights come on behind you....

Does a mount exist where the mount clamps to either the glass or the
metal of the rear hatch of the Blazer?

Try the Diamond website...they have a nice mount which I'm looking at for a
Ford Escape....the 400 series, I believe. It is adjustable for angle, which is
important for my install. Not too pricey, and Diamond seems to make decent
mounts.

Good luck with it!

Old November 4th 03, 02:42 AM
W4WNT

Take a look at the license plate mount that Lakeview sells with the
Hamsticks.

Good luck.

Bill, W4WNT

m...

Old November 7th 03, 01:17 AM
W4WNT

Hi Todd,

I think that both Comet and Diamond have hatch clamps that will hold a
vertical antenna. They usually come with SO239 connections. I'm using a
Comet clamp on the back door of a Jeep.

Good luck,

Bill, W4WNT

m...